NO MEETING FOR US TODAY

by dontplaceliterature 9 Replies latest jw friends

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Because my wife asked me earlier this week if we could skip to go hang out with her worldly co-worker and her husband. ;)

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Nice one! You missed a crap Watchtower! :D Hope you had a good day! :)

• cantleave
    cantleave

May it be first of many

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Someone mentioned in SIAM's thread a month or so ago about intentionally missing a meeting on a regular basis to do something fun together as a way to help your spouse out of the organization. I thought it was a smart idea, so I'm working at it. Just so happens, this was her idea today! So far, we are having a great day! Slept in, enjoyed breakfast, played with the baby, now we are off to meet her friends for lunch!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This sounds very positive. Good for you!

• White Dove
    White Dove

That would have worked on me quite easily.

I only did the meetings cuz of the little socialization I could squeeze out of them and also to do the right thing.

Just mention going out with others on a meeting night instead and I'd be right with ya!

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Interestingly enough, this work-friend of hers mentioned in the past that she thought it was very "cultish" that Jehovah's Witnesses only hung out with each other exclusively. My wife seemed bothered by that statement and told her she thought we could hang out with whoever we wanted to and that it was nobody's business but ours.

• ssn587
    ssn587

haven't been to a meeting in over 2 months and won't attend the local cong any more Romans 12:15 applies among many other things.

• onemore
    onemore

That’s part of what I did. I tried to find fun activities here and there on the day of the service/school meeting. And then on some weekends, we’ll go out until late on saturday nights so that we be too exhausted for the sunday morning meeting, I also booked a couple of long weekends out of state leaving on friday after work and returning sunday after breakfast.

Needless to say that I almost maxed out some of my credit cards, but being able to leave the cult with my wife….priceless!

• Alfred
    Alfred

Excellent idea... I wish i would have thought of it... would have had my wife out sooner than I did...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit