who does the society consider as apostates?

by booby 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

According to the last WT it's clear that apostates are:

- False Teachers

- Anyone that has rebelled or turned away from their religion

- Anyone that tries to turn away their disciples

- Mentally diseased people

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It boils down to anyone who was a jw and now believes the governing body is not "the channel for god's truth".

• wobble
    wobble

It is clear from the definition given in the first sentence from the new E.M , given above, that they can label any of us who have left the relgion as Apostate.

In practice thus far, it has not been a problem for most of us, but I can see the day coming when they spell it out that any dealings with people like us is having fellowship with an Apostate.

The biggest threat they face, second to the Internet, is from people like us, still able to feed ideas and information to family members, they will tighten up soon, wait and see.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yes, if you cut through all the BS and WT-pseudo-scriptural-babble you can boil it all down to this: Apostate = anyone that leaves the organization or disagrees with them.

Everything else is just window dressing. The really messed up part of the WT/GB "definition" of "apostate/apostasy" is the way they lump so many different actions and attitudes together. Merely leaving is equated with the Antichrist.

That is so completely wrong it defies comprehension!!! It is indicative of their narcissistic world view and basic underlying fear of being discovered to be the frauds they really are.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Who's an apostate? Anyone they want to call apostates are apostates, really. Mostly former JWs who speak up about f'd up WTS teachings, hypocrisy, ect. Those darn independent thinkers!

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Reasoning from the scriptures : One who claims to believe in the bible but reject Jehovah's Organization.

It all boils down to the Organization.

Since joining the UN, even their fav scripture James 1:27 doesn't work. They are no longer without spot.

• flipper
    flipper

As paranoid and ultra controlling as the WT society is getting - they consider ANY baptized JW , DFed, inactive, active, moles on their face, teenage JW's, 90 year old JW's - ANYBODY who is or has been a JW who talks against the WT organization and disagrees with their teachings or doctrines - is an apostate. It has gotten that bizarre. Not to mention crazy

• booby
    booby

Can't argue with what sizmik says. Seems like they have a number of lawyers on the writing committee.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've been called apostate - more than once - by JW apologists on the board. When I plainly say I am not apostate by any definition, I get roaring silence. After all, JW's are primed to find apostates and deceivers swarming all over the internet.

By their definition, I can be called nothing worse than an "opposer".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit