One of the first times in my life where I would prefer to see a comb-over, than the natural bald look.
It is kind sad.. the R&F just have no idea about or how to respond to the blatantly hypocritical actions of the GB. They condem the actions of everyone else.. and then do the same....
The average JW is left to clean the GB's mess. I'm feel somewhat frustrated for the guy. You can only take advantage of the good nature of people for so long - and there will be nobody left who is willing to become an elder.
The WBT$ didn`t join the UN..The WBT$ were a UN NGO..
Thats still wrong but..
You really need to make sure your facts are correct..
Explorer9 doesnt work here..Try Fire Fox or Google Chrome..
Didn't The Organization send letters to the body of elders trying to preempt the questioning of this subject back around the same time they withdrew?
Didn't The Organization send letters to the body of elders trying to preempt the questioning
of this subject back around the same time they withdrew?
The WBT$ has an Official story..Some JW`s have read it..
The bottom line is JW`s don`t care..Those that do and make a fuss will be DF`d..
Life goes on in Watchtower World..
Yes the WT was a NGO affiliated with the UN. Supposedly to obtain a "library card."
But when you compare that to the fact that if any R&F JW went to the YMCA to go swimming that they would be summarily DF'd then we get a sense of the hypocrisy going on here!
When I was a dub I can distinctly remember that we had to abstain from any work or recreation based activity that was even remotely connected with politics or religion even by association, such as an art class or mother and baby group held in a church hall for instance. It did not matter that it was just a venue and there was no actual religion involved.
So, in my book, an NGO would still be connected with the UN and therefore wrong however the WTS try to explain it.
Yes, that is a fine point. Only nations/countries can JOIN the UN; non-governmental organizations are not countries and can only come into association with the UN. But non-governmental organizations have to support the UN Charter a portion of which means supporting going to war with certain countries.
Here is the Preamble of that Charter:
WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS DETERMINED
- to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and
- to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and
- to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and
- to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,
AND FOR THESE ENDS
- to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbours, and
- to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, and
- to ensure, by the acceptance of principles and the institution of methods, that armed force shall not be used, save in the common interest, and
- to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples,
HAVE RESOLVED TO COMBINE OUR EFFORTS TO ACCOMPLISH THESE AIMS
Accordingly, our respective Governments, through representatives assembled in the city of San Francisco, who have exhibited their full powers found to be in good and due form, have agreed to the present Charter of the United Nations and do hereby establish an international organization to be known as the United Nations.
"What are the Criteria for NGOs to become associated with DPI?"
a) The NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations;