Dumb question regarding the governing body...

by scooterspank 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

Where are they from? Are they all from the United States or are some from other countries? Question just kind of hit me...

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Possibly another planet. They seem to be out of touch with ordinary Earthlings...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Read all about these guys in the Watchtowers listed below. Interesting that virtually the whole lot is late arriving at the party:

From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governing_Body_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses

Current

As of December 2010, the following people are members of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses [ 12 ] (year appointed in parentheses):

References

80.^ abcd "New Members of the Governing Body", The Watchtower, January 1, 2000, page 29

81.^ ab "New Members of the Governing Body", The Watchtower, March 15, 2006, page 26

82.^ "Governing Body Addition", The Watchtower, November 1, 1994, page 29

• erbie
    erbie

I remember when Gerrit Losch was appointed there was a question mark over his age as the 'ingathering' of the so called anointed was completed around 1935 or so (please correct me if I am wrong). I know the counter argument they use which allows for the fact that some so called anointed fall away and need to be replaced but I just think that it is cynical for them to believe that they are more important than every other human being.

I think that perhaps the only anointing they have recieved is more than their fair share of delusion. Does anybody else here ever marvel, I mean really struggle to understand how anyone can continue to believe in these morons?

Honestly, they must wake every morning and thank their lucky stars that they haven't been rumbled yet and marvel at peoples credulity. I really think that's why they have no respect for their members. Who of us would respect someone who believed every word we said even though we knew it to be false.

Yes I do honestly believe that the GB don't really believe in the verbal diarrhoea that they spew out and they can't believe how lucky they are that people actually buy it. Basically they have carved out a very cushy and prominent life for themselves.

Just remember that every comment on this site and others like it helps to expose these clowns and make their life harder!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Since 2007, I think it was the May 15 WT, the 1935 date has been dumped. Just a bit more New Light which has helped towards the inceasing number of 'anointed'.

George

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The new GB members will inevitably get younger. Of course they got rid of 1935 as the 'sealing' deadline. Why?

Armageddon didn't come. The 1914 generation are gone. 'Overlapping' is hilarious. It's not a genuine religion!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Re: Where are Governing Body members from?

I found this info here, almost half way down the page,

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=398&sid=14f2ef8c1c5771716bdf6184ceeb44ed&mforum=jw

(Note, John Barr is now deceased)

Barr, John E: Scotland
    Herd, Samuel F: America
    Jackson Geoffrey: Australia
    Lett, Steven: America
    Lösch Gerrit: Austria
    Morris, Anthony: America
    Pierce, Guy H: America
    Splane, David H: Canadian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest