Does anyone know the value of NET assets owned by the Watchtower?

by TimothyT 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

nevermind, found it. Wow, can anyone confirm if they still have this stock?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey MrFalcon..

It`s all part of a portfollio..H.M Riley Trust fund..

• Harley Davidson
    • Pfizer
    • MBNA
    • Bank of America
    • Bed Bath & Beyond
    • Colgate
    • Proctor & Gamble
    • Wal-Mart
    • Exxon Mobil
    • Johnson & Johnson
    • Microsoft

I`ve seen no news that the WBT$ have liquidated it..

DogPatch/Randy Watters from Free Minds could probably give you a solid answer..

You can PM him here on JWN..

..................;-)...OUTLAW

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Thanks, Outlaw!

I also enjoyed remember seeing someone post a Watchtower article from 1970 where the WTBS criticized the churches for getting involved in investing because it "heavily links them to the greedy business world" or something like that. Yet, much of their income is gained from investment returns. Their bullsh*t knows no bounds.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Agreed Falcon. The extent of hypocrisy is shameful!

I hope something happens to it so that i can see my old friends again.

Timmy

• Diest
    Diest

I believe they are worth 1 Milllion Dollars......

Well maybe more after they sell off a billion in property in Brooklyn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Yet, much of their income is gained from investment returns.
    Their bullsh*t knows no bounds.....MrFalcon

The WBT$ tells JW`s one thing and does another..

Most JWs don`t understand..Their job is to serve the WBT$ GB..Period..

Have you seen Nathan Knorr`s signed Pledge of Allegence to the USA?..

Or ..

The Pic of WBT$ GB Autographing Bibles for Cuban Government officials?..

The WBT$ GB are above Jehovah`s Witness`s..Jehovah`s Witness`s are expendable..

In Watchtower World..

The WBT$ GB are Watchtower Rock Stars..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• unshackled
    unshackled

I see one Left out..Tobacco Giant Philip Morris..

Daaaamn...now there's some info I'd like to share with some Dubs, particularly those from my bloodline. Though, like the UN thing, they'd likely assume it was Satan and his homies messing with Jehobah's master plan. Which oddly includes raking in the Benjamins.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Unshackled..

I`ve met JW`s from Tabacco farming familys here on JWN..

The WBT$ forced them to Stop Farming Tobacco..

Man were they pissed when I told them the WBT$ owned shares in Phillip Morris..

LOL!!..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• unshackled
    unshackled

Hey Outlaw...unreal, the word hypocrisy isn't strong enough for what these bastards do. JWN is bittersweet....love finding info like this out, but then it just pisses me off even more. Well....at least another good reason to not smoke.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I suspect that every religion is invested in stocks and bonds. It is only prudent. I recall that during the Civil Rights Movement and the Viet Nam Anti-War Movement, nuns and Quakers led efforts for religions to divest themselves of war and other antisocial cos. investments. Guidelines were drawn up. I recall that South Africa with apartheid was particularly targetted.

It is easy to preach no tobacco. Refusing to profit from tobacco is another matter. If all people invested, using their consciences, tobacco would wither away. Every Witness activity is full of blood money that directly caused people's deaths and agony. The guidelines are not pie in the sky criteria. Universities and religions have proven that one can earn more than a prudent return by being socially conscious.

My uncle sat in Danbury prison during WWII. Most men my mom knew were in prison. Yet the WT had investments in munitions companies.

The sad thing is that the rank and file just does not care. My sister is a converted Roman Catholic. Her husband and she refuse to donate money to the local diocese b/c of the pedophile scandal. They give to separate charities locally. Many Catholics are doing this.

During the Viet Nam war, it was quite frequent that nuns and monks would buy just enough shares to give them voting and attendance rights at annual meetings. The press was there as they addressed the Board, condemning corporate practices. JWs don't allow that sort of exercise of conscience and morals. We, as apostates or even regular rank and file, are excluded from knowledge of how our contributions are used and any say in setting policy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit