No longer associated with this group

by yeldell2 34 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Hi Everybody,

One thing that has irritated me over many years is the willingness of JW's to say very damning things to me and others, while I, at the same time, have shown great retraint to them. I have plenty of ammunition that could blast them apart, but I haven't used it. Their self righteous, high handed manner is hard to tolerate.

Although Patricia was told in no uncertain terms that she was out of line, I think there was restraint shown, in general, and expressions of concern as well. However, even the mentaly ill need to be told on occasion that enough is enough.

• Xandit
    Xandit

Well, I'm glad we've all had this little chat. Makes me want to go out and rip someone's lungs out. )

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

To everyone,
    I have followed this thread and read everyone's comments. I was going to stay out of it, but can't.
    I remember when I first started posting losing my temper and telling someone to get lost if they didn't like what they read. I felt kind of bad about it. But we are all human and we all have our limits.
    I also followed all the replies to Patricia and I feel she was dealt with very compassionately and kindly considering her very judgemental and unchristian behaviour.
    The thought entered my mind as I am sure it did others here that she was possibly not being totally honest. She went from sounding very ill and confused to being quite lucid and harsh. And toward the end she said some things that sent up red flags for me. i.e. "I'm looking for a brother". Some things just didn't add up.
    All this is beside the point. I too feel it is very important to keep this db upbeat and encouraging. Because it may help some JW's who have doubts. On the other hand, I have found this place to be something of a support group. It has been of great healing to me to hear about others who have gone through and are going through similiar experiences to me. And the freedom of speech is a very important part of this.
    Also when you get a large group of people together, even virtually, there is bound to be friction on occasion. Just human nature. I think considering what we have all been through we do a good job of getting along, and basically taking care of each other.
    I will stop rambling now.
    Love to all,
    TW

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

Well Said Thinker's Wife

It is a support group. It is human nature to rub each other the wrong way from time to time. But we get over it and move on. People such as myself, who may be lost or in a daze really need a group like
    this. Upbuilding, enlightening, informative.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Love and hugs to you Struggle. Big Hugs!!
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit