Watchtower pays the lobbies

by TJ Curioso 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

As has been mentioned many times, this isn't necessarily a smoking gun. It may not even be wrong on many levels, it's just that this religion, the JW's, seem to vilanize organizations so much on what they do, only to be followed down the same path by this religion.

This was a nice catch guys, but any avg JW will deny it because it's "not in a WT or announced from the platform"

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

As someone pointed out, they do not hire a lobbyist for a broad range of issues. Their concern seems to be with increasing their assets. A lobbyist is not an evil creature. I am certain most religions hired lobbyists for similar purposes. The rub with the Witnesses is that they ridicule when other groups lobby. I suffered much for flag salute. In fact, my mom was expelled from school at fourteen b/c of flag salute. Democracy is bad. Rank and file members should not be tainted or distracted by the practice. The only legitimate purpose seems to be that is perfectly consistent to manipulate the process for financial ends. I can't say that I am the least shocked.

I grew up during the Cold War. It was not easy being a Witness. We had to rely on Bethel but Bethel has always cut deals with authorities. Nothing much wrong with being an NGO under the UN umbrella. Unless you preach that the UN is a character out of Revelation that signifies something so bad, the end times are near. Why would any person want to join forces with such evil, esp. for a small benefit?

• ziddina
    ziddina

bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit