With this weekend being 9-11 I have a question to ask all of you.

by TotallyADD 13 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

When Flight 93 went down in Shanksville PA it was due to the fact the passagers stood up against the terrorist and overcame them and brought the plane down so it would not do any harm to anyone else. What if Flight 93 was full of JW's going to a convention instead. Would they have fought off the terrorist to stop them from harming anyone else? Or would they passively let the terrorist do what they want? After hearing what the passagers did on Flight 93 to save others people lifes. I was just wondering what would have happen with a plane load of JW's? What are all your thoughts on this matter? Totally ADD

• White Dove
    White Dove

When I was a JW and if the rest of the passengers were the same ones as on 93, I would have fought alongside them.

I know this now because of my own very small personal 9/11 in November of 2004.

Tragedies teach us our strengths, how strong we really are.

• Ding
    Ding

They would have converted them and together they would have gone cave to cave witnessing in Tora Bora.

Sorry... facetious answer.

Great question.

If any on board were COs or elders, the others would have waited on them for instructions.

I can't be sure, but I doubt that any would have offered physical resistance for fear it would violate neutrality and involve them in the world and its affairs.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Im with you White Dove I think I would have fought alongside with them. But I feel what Ding said to be very true if the whole plane was JW's. The neutrality thing would have to play into what they did. How could they remain neutral either way? I don't know. I find this to be a very fascinating question. Totally ADD

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

They would have all prayed and Jehovah would have gotton them out of the situation.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

As a whole JW's are unaccostomed to acting strongly or taking action on behalf of a group without specific instructions from someone in authority. JW or not, most people would think twice or three times (hopefully) before confronting an armed terrorist. Thankfully there are those who believe it's OK to trust their instincts and are accostomed to being in charge of thier own lives, but I think many JW's would have an even harder time risking doing something inappropriate based on their own gut feelings. Much of this can be blamed on being trained to be sheeplike and to wait for direction. Because of this, as a group, JW's are generally "nice" gentle people and aren't used to any kind of confrontation. I know indiduals who weren't rasised as JW's, who would be able to revert back into (worldly mode) quite easily which in real life, is a handy thing to be able to do.

• flipper
    flipper

TOTALLY ADD- I think most JW's in that situation would probably have used the " opportunity " to informally Witness to the terrorists trying to convert them by offering them Watchtower & Awake magazines - or would have tried to shove a tract into their hand. You know- the terroist's FREE hand not holding a gun. Then that would REALLY have pissed the terrorists off - then they would have blown the plane up BEFORE it crashed. That's kind of how I think it would have gone down with JW's on the plane.

Let's all be glad it was committed American citizens on the plane who took quick action to prevent further destruction in Washington. May they rest in peace. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I know they would have been praying Idronom but would Jehovah saved them? Not likely. Remember Jehovah allows these things to take place according to the WT. exwhyzee I think you are right about their training to be sheeplike. Many would do nothing but for those who were converts maybe just maybe they would revert back to their old (worldly mode) of thinking. Being a born-in I feel I would have taken actions even though I don't have a outside of JW world thinking to fall back on. Flipper why are you awake this time in the morning? It's 7:30 AM here it must be 4:30 AM where you are at. I love your viewpoint on what would have happen. Piss the terrorists off with maz. and tracts. LOL I also am glad their was committed American citizens with selfless integrity who committed the ultimate sacrifice and saved countless others. Real American hero's. Totally ADD

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

When Flight 93 went down in Shanksville PA it was due to the fact the passagers stood up against the terrorist and overcame them and brought the plane down so it would not do any harm to anyone else.

Really? Is that a "fact"?

Flight 93 was shot down by Rick Gibney of the Air Command of North Dakota, aka "The Happy Hooligans", who obviously weren't clued in on the false flag event or Rumsfeld's June 2001 directive removing shoot-down authorization from anyone except him and Cheney. Flight 93's most likely target was the Capitol Building, the destruction of which would have probably been enough for Bush to take over as Dick-tator.

Here's a video of the Award Ceremony....and by the way, cellphones don't work at 35,000 feet.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3039291184775568866

• White Dove
    White Dove

From what I read, the military was going to shoot it down, but when they reached the area they discovered it had already crashed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit