IT BOILS ME!! (Venting)

by pubtruth 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

Well my uncle just called me and told me he was visiting tomorrow, asking about family and such. Good, no objection to that. He asked to put mom on the phone, so I did. I couldn't help but overhear them start talking sh*t about my dissenting cousin. And guess what came into the conversation? Tomorrow's WT Study on Apostates. This f*cking cult has my balls in a knot. I overhear my mom "Oh tomorrow will be great! That study will be an eyeopener for YOUTHS (emphasis) The apostates are doing a lot of HARM!" Headache started setting in instantly. My mother as you may know is aware, no one outside my immediate family knows of this. It is insane the control they have. The Watchtower really has to look at the damage they are doing to families. Ive shown her the damn facts! It's like im talking to a damn muppet (not just relating to this, but anything.) She is absent minded and mentally ill. PERFECT PREY FOR THEM.

The extent I've gone to make her happy... I lied most of my life and stayed as a publisher, lied to the elders about her smoking. AND SHE IS STILL SMOKING while going to HALL. She sees the fakery but part of her still believes it is genuine... What kind of twisted sh*t i'm living day in and out? If I had the resources I dont know what I would do to end this monumental scam of a religion.. At this moment I don't want to speak to any Jehovah's Witness at all, they are all inept individuals. (those fully washed, unconscious..) I dont know, I'm going counterproductive (possib.) and shunning my mother, I'm blasting mad. I've in fact felt some rejection towards her... It pains me. It's disgusting.

I'm aware I have my picture as an avatar, I really dont care if someone from my hall reads this. If you're from my ex-hall and reading this, you are about to, or are already aware of the great injustices being comitted. You might as well understand me, in the off chance you want to harm me more: Go right ahead. I havent done harm to anyone, I'm only exposing the sad truth.

• flipper
    flipper

PUBTRUTH- I'm so sorry you have to put up with this $hit living with your JW mom. Sucks a big one. Not only your mom , but many other JW's are hypocritical in trying to hang on to this pipedream of a Paradise while indulging in alleged " worldly activities ". Your mom is just mind controlled. You are right- it is a form of mental illness - I believe Steve Hassan calls it " dissociative disorder " where they can totally turn off their authentic personalities while pursuing the JW cult personality. If you get a chance to read Hassan's books they are " combatting Cult Mind Control " & " Releasing the Bonds - Empowering People to Think For Themselves ". The books really helped me.

I don't know how old you are, or old enough to get your own place , but there are no easy answers. If you still live with your mom it may be hard to " shun " her like you mentioned - perhaps just being a good friend and support to your cousin who she is dissing would be effort more positive in results . Call your cousin up and tell him you will be there for him. Your mom won't change until something wakes her up out of the JW cult. She'll either have to experience injustice by elders or someone else and it may kick a light on in time for her. But in the meantime don't waste your time arguing with her- it will just piss you off and get you more in aq negative mindset. Help your cousin in a positive way. I feel it would be worth time well spent. Good luck to you buddy, we are here if you ever need to talk

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

You mention Avatar....HOW do I change mine? I hate it.

• tec
    tec

Call your cousin up and tell him you will be there for him.

Seconded!

This is the 'positive' in a bad situation. I think it would be good for you to capitalize on the help you can do for someone who might need it, accept it, and appreciate it.

Peace,

Tammy

• talesin
    talesin

I'm aware I have my picture as an avatar, I really dont care if someone from my hall reads this. If you're from my ex-hall and reading this, you are about to, or are already aware of the great injustices being comitted. You might as well understand me, in the off chance you want to harm me more: Go right ahead. I havent done harm to anyone, I'm only exposing the sad truth.

you are doing well!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You mention Avatar....HOW do I change mine? I hate it.

Go to gravatar.com

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Private PM New chapter...Do not want to hijack.

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

Damn it! I hit backspace and lost my post..

Well I was saying, that my cousin is actually doing well. She has found a job, even has a boyfriend. I keep in touch regularly and plan to hang out soon. She doesn't pay much attention to the hearsay about her. I am of age to live on my own (20), my only problem is that I have no job and unable to pursue a career, due to how bad jobs are down here in Florida. On top of that my chances get narrower because I have zilch work experience because I was over protected, provided everything for and discouraged to look for a job. Depressing.

As for my mother, she reached her aha moment (saw an injustice, DF'd for smoking, wrote letter to society, canned response, disbelief)
    But because of a lack of friends she went through the motions and faked to have quit to be able to return. She went uber-dub for a bit. (Word got out that she was smoking again and I lied to keep her in) It's like she fluctuates from her genuine self and her cult personality a lot, being bipolar makes it even worse. I'm not going to bother arguing with her. It is very taxing.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Living the way you're living isn't healthy. Go to school, get a skill, get a job, and move out on your own. Fnd out how your cousin made it on her own. After you're away from your mom, you'll feel empathy for her sad condition.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Living the way you're living isn't healthy. Go to school, get a skill, get a job, and move out on your own. Fnd out how your cousin made it on her own. After you're away from your mom, you'll feel empathy for her sad condition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit