Non JW's and DF's JWS

by Lynnie 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

My uber witness cousin has 3 daughters, 2 that are very much JW's and one that isn't (she never went for it at all). How does it work that he can see his way clear to have an almost normal relationship with her even though she's living "in sin" with a man and has several times in the past and she also has dabbled in drugs along the way. I thought you weren't supposed to hang out with fornicators??? Many years ago you would have been disassociated which was the term for unbaptised people in the Kingdom Hall. Me, I was DF'd 35 years ago; I hadn't attended a meeting in 2 years but the elders tracked me down looking for any evidence they could find to DF me and they did.

I just find it so very interesting that my elder witness cousin can justify this relationship with his daughter but of course won't have anything to do with me in 35 years!

Shouldn't he get reproved or something for hanging out with his worldly daughter? I love how the preferential treatment abounds in this whacked out religion.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The non-contact clause of JW's doesn't apply to worldy people or 'otherwise you would have to get out of this world' as Paul said. It does apply to ex-JW's for some reason since they "know they are sinning".

Asked the same question to the elderelites a few days ago.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

But the daughter "knows she is sinning" since she was born into the JW's and just never went for it. But of course my cousin isn't willing to cut her off completely and when there are family gatherings when her sister comes home from Bethel with her husband she's always invited. I guess you can pick and choose who you want to cut off and who you don't.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is the kind of thing that causes some to want to FADE instead of "taking a stand" and DA or letting themselves be DF.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

you are baptized and she is not baptized, big difference. Thats why we try to encourage newbies not to get baptized or they will get the unwanted consquences of being baptized JWs.

• newcomer1982
    newcomer1982

I know where you're coming from. I, from today, am disfellowshipped which means my parents cant talk to me. My older sister never got baptized and even though she has lived in sin and that they still can have a relationship with her. I was 15 when i got baptized and only did it because i felt pressure from my parents and others in the congregation. Was a very bad choice i made and was way to young to understand what i was doing. If my son ever got baptized and then disfellowshipped i could never break contact with him. I have a huge problem with the fact family members cant have contact with disfellowshipped family members. Family means everything to me and no religion can tell me otherwise!

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's acult, they make their own rules.

If you ain't baptised you are still recruitment material, even if you were brought up in the poison.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Does anyone remember years and years ago that they did indeed "disfellowship" unbaptised publishers? I realize the big difference between me and my cousin is that I'm baptized and she is not but she has clearly told her father that she isn't interested at all but he still has a relationship with her nontheless. I just hate the fact that she can have a normal relationship with my family and I cannot.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I remember the disfellowshipping of unbaptized publishers back in the 80s, Lynnie. As a matter of fact, in my congregation the procedure was used against minor children of baptized parents as young as thirteen years old! Later, the WTS reversed itself on that and the shunning of those boys was ended. In those particular cases, the reversal was "too little, too late" as both left the organization after being shunned for several years. It really comes down to what cantleave says. We are not talking about a "Christian" religion here but a cult with a "Christian" veneer. On another thread I told newcomer1982 that he's actually better off disfellowshipped even though that action has wreaked havoc in his family relations. But as La Passionaria once said, "Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!"

Quendi

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm a never baptised born in. I have never been shunned by any of my family members and I have never read anything in any WT publication that demands that they should.

At the same time they haven't been slow to shun their DF & DA family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit