The Society tells us when Armageddon occurs--yeah right!

by Inkie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Inkie
    Inkie

The September 1, 2011, issue of The Watchtower states, on page 10, the following about “when” Armageddon will occur/take place:

“The term ‘Armageddon’ (‘Har-Magedon”) . . . refers to a unique war . . . in which ‘the kings of the entire inhabited earth’ are mobilized for a final battle with God. . . .

When will Armageddon take place? God’s Son plainly stated: ‘Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.’ (Matthew 24:36) Even so, in speaking about Armageddon, the Warrior-King Jesus Christ added this warning: ‘Look! I am coming as a thief.

. . . .

Thus, this global war is associated with Christ’s presence, which Bible prophecies show is now here.

Armageddon will destroy only the incorrigibly wicked, and there will be ‘a great crowd’ of survivors.” (Bold emphasis mine.)

WRONG!!! So sad. These people who write these articles just don’t get it. They MIX different biblical texts concerning different events and create a hodgepodge of doctrines to make them say what their doctrine is rather than what is true.

When Christ made the statement he did, recorded at Matthew 24:36, he was not speaking of Armageddon, he was speaking about “that day” of his return—which is not the same thing as Armageddon. It is AFTER he returns and gathers his own that they will rule with him for a thousand years. AFTER the thousand years, Satan is let loose from being abyssed and he (Satan) goes forth and misleads those then to the war of the great day of God the Almighty. Armageddon happens AFTER the thousand years—not before it. If Armageddon happened when the Master returns, before the thousand years, then Armageddon didn’t do what it was supposed to do considering that ANOTHER uprising occurs AFTER the thousand years. If Armageddon is going to destroy “only the incorrigibly wicked” when the Master returns before the thousand years begins, then it’s not the “final battle” the Society purports it to be as there’s going to be another uprising again after the thousand years has ended. What good is the first Armageddon? Are there going to be two Armageddons?

The Society’s writers are not all the bright.

Not only that, but the “great tribulation” from which a ‘great crowd comes out’ occurs BEFORE the Master returns because the Master is said to return “immediately after the tribulation.”

The “great tribulation” and “Armageddon” are different events entirely unrelated to each other and occur a minimum of a thousand years apart.

--Inkie

• AGuest
    AGuest

Inkie!!! What's up, my dear brother... and the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one! Glad to see you posting! You are right, of course, as to the timeline and the WTBTS false prophetic combining of the two events, which ARE very separate... and at least 1,000 years apart! If only folks would READ the account in the Revelation (20:1-10; 16:13-16, the latter which corresponds to 20:8).

Unfortunately, most put more credence in the WT... than in where the WT purports to get its information. But please don't think the "Society" doesn't know about this discrepancy - they do. It was stated in the same letter that I wrote regarding the "separation" of the sheep and goats. In that letter, I related how our Lord shared with me that (1) the separation doesn't even take place until AFTER the return of Christ, which occurs IMMEDIATELY AFTER the "tribulation" has ENDED; (2) that the separation occurs DURING the 1,000-year co-rule of Christ and those who belong to him; and (3) the War of God (at Har-Maggedon) doesn't take place until AFTER "the thousand years have ended."

I know they KNOW this... because they printed part of my letter in the October 15, 1995 WT. That they haven't PUBLISHED it... but still adhere to their false teachings and prophecy... is diabolical.

But thanks for bringing to the light once again. Folks need to know!

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• clarity
    clarity

Inkie hi,

Thanks for that sensible info. A year ago I had a very hard time figuring out the sequence of all this 'stuff'!

My mind was fixated on the wt's interpretation of bible "prophecies" for so long, and then discovering the extent of wt lies, it really pulled the rug out from underneath my feet. Didn't know where the heck I was!

Glad to know how it really is, but even happier to find out that cults & religious organizations can't save anyone.

c

• watersprout
    watersprout

I would love to say that I am shocked at their complete stupidity... BUT I'm really not... Perhaps it's because I have only been out a few years.

I think if they changed that teaching (I was taught that exact teaching since a small child) it would EITHER cause people to question or have the R&F jump about excitedly because of nooooo light.

I could never wrap my head around the ''armaggedon'' teaching... I would read it over and over and it just never felt right. Even when people would try and explain it, my head would feel like it was imploding and my spirit was grieved... I pity all those that are waiting for the armaggedon that ain't going to happen!

Hi Shel and Clarity*waves*

Peace my brother.

• Dutch-scientist
    Dutch-scientist

Like a thief..... ow.......Invisible? Like he was fight with satan invisible arround 1914? and then crowned king invisible.

Howlong did the battle take place between satan and Jezus arround 1914 in heaven?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

When will Armageddon take place?

1914, 1925, 1975 before the end of this 20th century!

God’s Son plainly stated: ‘Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.’ (Matthew 24:36)

Then why worry about it? Oh, sorry, I forgot! Do more for the WBT$ to give the 7 headed paedo protecting beast in Brooklyn power and money!

Even so, in speaking about Armageddon, the Warrior-King Jesus Christ added this warning: ‘Look! I am coming as a thief.

And the GB are the biggest theives of all!

No surprises the washtowel are propping up their own fragile doctrines with their usual out of context cobbled together nonsense!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I am completely and utterly confused. So Armageddon is happening right now? What about the Great Tribulation? Gog of Magog's attack? False religion being destroyed and then them finally attacking Jehovah's Witnesses?

hey punk, what's happening? you know what I thought when I read this?

Check, please!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Mr Falcon - I'm in rude health thanks. How's you?

Cor blimey! Even my post is 'overlapping'! It looked so different before I clicked on 'submit'.

Check you say my good fellow? ...........and now you can use your credit card at the nonvention, wink wink! I do take 'Aposta-card'!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

I'm okay punk, been busy trying to avoid field service and other pointless acts of futility.

Ya know, I bet you all the tea in China that they will claim that this "system" may go on for another 900-1000 years (being that Christ's 1000 year reign started in 1914 according to their Ministry of Truth). And when people call them out and say, "I thought you raisin cakes were preaching about some big ass war of Armegeddon!" the JWs will reply, "Yes, it's still true, but it turns out that Armegeddon is INVISIBLE!" (as if you need special glasses or a decoder ring to see it).

"But in the meantime, while you're waiting to be destroyed over the next 1000 years, why not stop by one of our convienient credit card donation boths located in the assembly lobby?"

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

just a side note...... This is a pretty drastic change in doctrine. However, if this is true, how come this wasn't mentioned at the district conventions?(maybe I missed it?)

Did anyone hear any mention from the platform that this "global war... is now here"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit