Soldier Slit His Wrists Because his Mother is a Jehovah’s Witness

by RedCrayola 12 Replies latest social current

• RedCrayola
    RedCrayola

Armenian Soldier Slit His Wrists Because his Mother is a Jehovah’s Witness?

Friday, 02 September 2011 On Aug. 29, Artur Grigoryan, 19, who had been serving in a military unit in Ararat marz (province) for six months, citing family issues, asked for permission to leave the base for a few hours; however, he did not return that day.

As reported by the newspaper Zhoghovurd (“people”), someone saw Artur Grigoryan by accident the following day in Yerevan’s Arabkir administrative district, in an area known as “the Molokans’ yard,” with his wrists slit.

According to the paper, the young man had slit his wrists because his mother is a Jehovah’s Witness.

Head of the defense ministry’s military police division Aram Ter-Sahakyan told the paper that an investigation was launched and material was prepared which will be sent to the military prosecutor’s office. Ter-Sahakyan said there are suspicions that Grigoryan’s mother was a Jehovah’s Witness.

Meanwhile, at the Armenia medical center, Grigoryan is slowly returning to consciousness, writes Zhoghovurd.

Article source:http://bit.ly/pcr9nN

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    According to the paper, the young man had slit his wrists because his mother is a Jehovah’s Witness.

Most of us have felt the same way..

Crazy JW Mothers..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• james_woods
    james_woods

Reminds me of the A-10 Warthog pilot in Arizona who just flew off the base into oblivion one day. They found the wreckage in the Colorado mountains - nobody knows what happened to the two live bombs it was carrying.

His mother was also a witnesses, and they found a jumble of witness literature she had been sending him in his quarters.

Guess was that the pressure got to him.

• botchtowersociety
  • james_woods
    james_woods

Yup, thats the one, BTS - I could not remember his name.

• RedCrayola
    RedCrayola

Well, I can honestly say that when I was a teenager, I attempted suicide because my mother was a raving lunatic JW. With all the teachings, the literature, Armageddon, Satan, demons, and my insane mother beating me over the head with all of it, and her threats on top of it, I was utterly trapped mentally and emotionally. I had nowhere to go, no one to turn to, and the pain of it all was unbearable compared to killing myself.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I can understand that as a child, you feel trapped when you have over-the-top JW parents.

But this soldier was an adult. If he didn't want to live with his mother he could have just stayed with the army or gone elsewhere. Killing himself is an over-reaction IMO.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't understand this. Slitting your wrists because someone is a JW? Strange reaction. I can't blame the JW's for this one, the man needs help. What is the climate in Armenia. I notice there are "suspicions" his mother is a witness. Is this a crime there?

NC

• elderelite
    elderelite

BP, with respect dear, u cant impose rational thought on a sudicidal person.... He was 19, really still a kid. And this cult crap can be really deep... I agree he had tons of options and a potentially bright future, but he needed help not just options on living arangments

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yeah EE, the reaction was completely out of balance. This is not a normal brain reacting here. But I still wonder if it's a crime in Armenia---could he have been reacting to a perceived threat to his future? This phrasing is odd:

Ter-Sahakyan said there are suspicions that Grigoryan’s mother was a Jehovah’s Witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit