Teach your Children

by The Quiet One 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Please take a look at pages 24,25 of the October 1, 2011 public watchtower, including the illustrations. What do you think about it? I have a couple of rather strong thoughts regarding it, but I want to hear others views, as I might just be a paranoid lunatic :)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If the meeting is boring, bugger off home and have a sleep rather than risk hurting yourself falling off your chair/whatever.

There are no miracle workers at meetings nowadays, so don't expect some apostle to wave his magic finger in your direction to fix you up if you do something foolish.

How did I do?

• still thinking
    still thinking

You get a moro bar for that sheep...

I wanted to read that quiet one but I can only see the Nov issue online...is there an online link for Oct?

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Black Sheep- lol! Thanks for that, but I feel that there's something in these kind of articles, that are meant to be read to young children whilst showing them the pictures, that is quite serious. Still thinking- Here you go.. download.jw.org/../wp_E_20111001.pdf

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thanks quiet one...still couldnt open it.......but found it here if anyone else has trouble like me...*hopefully I'm not alone*

http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQCsVrGZNT

gonna have a look

• Adso
    Adso

The title of the article should have been "Stay awake at the meetings or you will die.''

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Looks to me like Eutecus was in the wild west, fell out of the upper saloon window and smashed a wagon. Seeing he is wearing what would be desicribed as a night gown, i imagine the lad was perhaps 16 and it was his first time with hard liquor and maybe even a loose woman of the bar.

Since when were buildings in the middle east multilevel timber structures?

oz

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'd rather have a Crunchie thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3laBRBPfQ4

• still thinking
    still thinking

crunchie on its way to you sheep....LOL...I'm sending them down with a pair of stubbies *brown ones* to be worn while eating the cruchie.

Yep..I think the message is reasonably clear...stay awake OR DIE...plus...what the hell is that kid wearing to school? He's gonna get the bash if he shows up at school like that....it's disturbing on many levels

*edit to mention* but it does make it clear that it's ok if you die, cause Jehovah will bring you back to life anyway....but only if you stay awake????

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Thanks everyone, at least now I know I'm not mad! Does anyone else (other than stillthinking) think that this is disturbing? I seriously believe that a young and impressionable mind would see this article and come to associate falling asleep at meetings with death.. Any other examples?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit