WT Hedge Fund operations

by drewcoul 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

I seldom check out e-watchman's website, but I happened to look at it tonight, and it seems the WT Society is comfortable hob-knobbing with hedge fund managers at this conference which costs about $5000 USD to attend.

Here's the link:

http://www.hedgefundintelligence.com/Product/13793/Forthcoming-Events/InvestHedge-Forum-2011.html?ElementId=9960

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Why would they be attending a conference of this type. If I remember correctly, "Religion, Business, and Political Powers" are all part of Satan's orgainzation that are doomed for destruction at armageddon.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

And they have paid a registration fee of 2800 pound to get in on this caper if the website is anything to go ff.

I find it most curious that they are using 'Watchtower' and not some dummy corporation...

oz

• N.drew
    N.drew

I might want to, please, play the devil's advocate. Is not the society Watchtower?

Is the member listed Watch Tower? It is bad, lying gossip that is the real enemy

of the resistance. So, does anyone know for sure if the Society is attending?

• designs
    designs

Well at least they got the approval of the Rank and File before going

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

On the list of attendees, they are listed as "Watch Tower Society." It doesn't state the name of the individual(s) attending, only the corporation they represent.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Watch Tower Society is pretty obvious i would think. If Wiki is correct then it must be the Pennsylvania corporation involved...

Originally known as the Peoples Pulpit Association, the organization was incorporated in 1909 when the Society's principal offices moved to Brooklyn, New York. In 1939, it was renamed Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc., and in 1956 the name was changed to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. [ 10 ] Until 2000, a member of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses was president of both the Watch Tower (Pennsylvania) and Watchtower (New York) corporations, as well as Britain's International Bible Students Association corporation; in 2001, it was decided that the corporations' directors need not be members of the Governing Body. [ 3 ] In 2001 the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York was listed among the top forty revenue-generating companies in New York City, reporting an annual revenue of about 951 million US dollars. [ 11 ]

wikipedia, my bold

no other corporations call themselves any version of 'watchtower' as best can be googled...

oz

• designs
    designs

The Society has one of the sharpest Financial guys around as Sec. Treasurer, Gerry Simonis, believe me they're making money under his Leadership.

...And you won't see a dime.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS is not foolish, they invest their money and have jws "on staff" that do that exclusively as well as using outside firms. The WTS may be foolish with people's lives but not money. The WTS even has a brochure telling jws how to invest in non-profits, the WTS. They no longer have anything against investing in the stock market, et al.

*** w05 11/1 p. 30 Contributions That Warm God’s Heart ***a brochure has been prepared in English and Spanish entitled CharitablePlanningtoBenefitKingdomServiceWorldwide. The brochure was written to provide information on a variety of ways that gifts may be made either now or through a bequest at death. After reading the brochure and conferring with their own legal or tax advisers, many have been able to help support the religious and humanitarian activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide and maximize their tax benefits while doing so.

Part of the WTS cash flow problems stems from the "crash" of the market. The WTS lost big which is part of the reason they are trying to get rid of real estate.

The WTS pays for jws to get law degrees, why not for investing. I can even see outside jw investment firms representing the WTS and paying this 5,000 and writing it off as a tax break.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Thank you for the infomation.

I am amazed their conscience allows them to invest in the stock market.

They said a long time ago, it is Jehovah providing for the Watchtower.

Also, they insist Mommies don't celebrate their child's birthday because it is

being a part of Satan's system of things, and the stock market isn't?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit