in your opinion what is the best way to stop drinking?

by stuckinamovement 25 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I have found myself drinking more and more since I realized that the truth was a lie just to quiet my mind. It's not like I am a drunk or anything, it hasn't affected my work or relationships, it is that I really don't like being a slave to anyone or anything including delicious beer. mmmm beer...

So to avoid being a slave to a habit, I have determined to stop drinking. I have a plan but wanted to see if any of you had experiences in being successful.

Here are the questions

Do you drink too much? Or did you in the past?

What are some effective methods of kicking the habit? Don't say meetings and service.

Thanks

SIAM

• minimus
    minimus

Become a Mormon.

• Terry
    Terry

A certain percentage of drinkers are dehydrated and the strength of the URGE is just that.

What stopped me from imbibing too often was to force myself to immediately drink a quart of water.

The URGE completely vanished and it was no longer an issue.

I realize there is, for some, a psychological element. But, don't overlook the physical aspect first.

Worth a try.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

http://www.livestrong.com/article/435051-nutrition-to-stop-drinking-alcohol/

P.S. I never have problem with drinking. I rarely drink.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Honestly, the best way is to change your life by exercise / dieting / eating healthy. The best way to exercise is to find something that you love to do and focus in on that.

When I left 'the lie' my life completely transformed. I quit drinking, not because I had a problem, but because I found it slowed me down and I did not need to dull the pain every weekend. I drink maybe twice a year, and honestly, I don't like it at all. It makes me feel awful the next day, even after one or two drinks.

If you think that you have a problem, please do have the courage to reach out for help.

Wishing you the best. :)

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I Drank VERY VERY VERY Heavily as a JW because of the Stress and I'm a Failure feeling....

I'm NOT WORTHY!!!!

I quit for many many many Years!!!!!

After I left.....I thought it's been over 12 years....... Let's see if it was them...........

IT WAS!!!!!!!!

I still have fun and get silly but never Falling Down Drunk ...Blackouts... Shakes....

I enjoy and know when to say when!!!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Don't have ANY in the house would be my suggestion.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Find a replacement .....

Mine was Seltzer Water in cans.....

I drank them like beers and found myself actually Jonesing for Club Soda!!!

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

So far minimus's suggestion seems the best lol

Seriously, thanks for your input

• shamus100
    shamus100

Alternatively, kissing monkeys can save you from a variety of ills.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit