College

by Rocky_Girl 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

There have been several education topics this week. It seems we have quite a few people on here who are going to school as non-traditional students.

I am starting my 5th year of a 5 year program in a private liberal arts college in MT. I anticipate my Master's of Accountancy in May 2012. I am 31 and a single mom of two.

I know that anonymity is key to a lot of you out there in X-JW land, but for the students, what are you studying and how close are you to earning your degree?

• talesin
    talesin

I am starting my 5th year of a 5 year program in a private liberal arts college in MT. I anticipate my Master's of Accountancy in May 2012. I am 31 and a single mom of two.

wow, I guess you never sleep - 2 kids, and full-time school ... good on ya!

I have gotten through my second year with CMA, but arrested at that point. Love going to school, though, so i figure,, never give up on the dream.

Congrats to you! Soon, you will be 'in the money', with that degree. :D :D :D

• truman
    truman

I will be completing my Master's Degree in English (Literature and Rhetoric & Composition) in about another year. I am 57 and in the 8th year of my college career. Next spring, I will be teaching a developmental composition course (a writing class for students whose entrance test scores fell short of qualifying for freshman comp) at the university where I am studying.

Sometimes, I actually cannot believe it--that after 27 years of my adult life spent in the intellectual straitjacket of JW world, I am going to be teaching at a university. I congratulate all of us ex-JWs who have gone out and done what they said we shouldn't do: get an education and work to improve ourselves, whether in career opportunities or simply sheer personal fulfillment.

• talesin
    talesin

truman, you have a pm. Thanks.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just started as a non-trad this past week, a little intimidating, but I do think age and the fact I have been self-educating over the years gives me an advantage. Think it'll be fun!

Good luck to all you other students!

• truman
    truman

Talesin, thanks also to you! You have a reply.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit