Did you witness at school?

by NomadSoul 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Never.

I didn't want them to know I was one of the Loonies.

Chris

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

The funny thing is that I took an active part in school activities any way. Was part of the school council, part of the editorial staff of the school newspaper and also giving the graduation talk on behalf of the students....

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

I never witnessed in school, even as an elementary student. I would avoid telling people that I was a JW in general, and dreaded the few times a year when I knew it was certain to come up (holidays, birthdays, etc...).

High school actually got easier in that regard. The school was a lot bigger, I had more teachers, there were more students...it was easier to just slip in the crowd. Holiday crafts and the like were pretty much over by that point, so that wasn't an issue, and I don't think I ever told anyone, teacher or fellow student, that I was a JW. I would say that my parents were "very strict" but not go into the reasons.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Never, mind you I was very young when I decided my parents beliefs were a load of rubbish. I even got the sex education teacher to let me attend the classes, even though my parents had said I wasn't allowed.

Since I had no time for the JW beliefs at a young age I never really felt any pressure to do anything other than outwardly complying with my parent's beliefs. For me this meant for me having to attend meetings (in body if not spirit), doing the bare minimum of FS (usually wandering around at a snail's pace talking about anything but JW stuff and covering as few doors as possible) and having to go to assemblies (during which I discovered that as long as you were quiet you could get away with anything - loose hardback covers can cover any sort of book!)

Talking to people at school usually involved just trying to explain that what my parents believed had nothing to do with me.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Hell NO - no witnessing at school.

I tried to keep it a secret that my parents had joined this religion.

I even saluted the flag.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Those are some good stories. I thought I was the few that didn't preach at school.

There were quite a few JWs at my High School. The JW group would gather around a table in the morning and at lunch. I never tried to sit with them and ask them what congregation they were from. lol

Oh how funny it is remembering those days. Well not that funny actually. mmmmmm....

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Yep, sure did. I had one person sign my 1974 yearbook: "We are all going to die!" Thanks Watchtower.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Only when I was trying to explain why I had to go to the library during Valentines day parties, Xmas Parties, Birthday parties, Halloween parties, and why I didn't salute the flag, play sports, and why I didn't plan on going to college......Oh, and why I was at their house the previous Saturday morning all dressed up while they were home watching cartoons.

I guess I did spend a lot of time witnessing at school. I had a lot of 'splainin' to do.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Only when it came up. I went to school with a dozen JW's mostly real ones. I couldn't get away with anything. In college I did. Speaches on the "blood" isue!!!! What was wrong with me!!FS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ya..

In grade 1 my mom hounded me to show my teacher Gods name in the Bible..

She was friggin relentless..

Day after day and week after week of being badgered..

Finally I gave in..

I ended up as an Assembly Experience..

No mention was ever made that I was Harrassed into doing it..

After reading other peoples storys over the years on JWN.

I`ve come to the conclusion..

Assembly Experinces are all BullShit..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit