Has anyone on here ever taken a hot air ballon ride?

by Joliette 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

I've always wanted to go on a hot air ballon ride but I'm soooooooooo scared to do it.

Has anyone on here ever done it. How much does it cost?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'd be toooooo scared to do it also.

Waiting to hear about your trip to Bethel !!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Haven't done it...but I reakon it would be great!

My partner and I wanted to get married in a hot air balloon...only problem is we wouldn't be able to take our 3 year old son because I think the age restriction is 8 or over.

I say do it...plenty of info on the internet for prices close to you. I am in NZ so no point telling you our prices.

• Joliette
    Joliette

ShirleyW I will send you a PM.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I haven't but I'll never forget Working at a Landfill and the guy I was working with.....

Someone kept yelling his name!!!!

Steven!!! Steven!!!!!!!!! STEVE!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK UP....

and 50 feet up was a Hot Air Ballon with a guy we knew........

Was Freaking Funny.....

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

No, but I'd love to.

• Babyruth
    Babyruth

Several years ago while visiting the wine country of Napa, we got up very early to go to on our balloon ride. We had been seeing the beautiful colorful balloons for several days so we were really excited to have this experience. Well the winds were not in our favor and so after much waiting, we finally got the go ahead. So up we went, over the beautiful vineyards, but alas, the winds dissapeared and so down we went with a hard bang and a long skid tearing up rows of vines as we careened to a final stop in a gully. I tell you, after that experience I am totaly content to enjoy the hot air balloons with my two feet firmly on the ground.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

It would be a neat experience, but not for me. With my depression, I would be too tempted to jump. The same goes for tall buildings.Perhaps if there were a harness system rigged to the balloon that would be impossible for me to get out of, I may consider it though.

My Uncle in Ohio goes ballooning every year, and he has a great time. If you have a happy life and heights don't bother you, I would say to go for it, I imagine the experience of floating in open air would be one of the most incredible feelings that one could ever have.

From what I see on the internet, it appears that the average cost ranges from about $225-$300USD per person sharing the balloon. I'm not sure how long you stay in the air though.

If you decide to do it, I am sure lots of us would want to hear about your experience!

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hi, I did 10 years ago in Alice Springs, Central Australia. Getting up in the middle of the night was hard - it gets freakin cold up there - but entirely worth it.
    The ascent was magic, almost like dreaming, no engine noise or tiliting or anything. Not at all scary. And you get a completely different perception of the country.

We did have a bit of wind on the descent, and were crouched in the basket as it whipped through a bit of scrub.

Overall, I want to do it again!

• White Dove
    White Dove

I want to do it because I live in Arizona where it's really popular. Always wanted to try it.

Now, I'll have the chance.

Costs about $85.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit