Did you say nothin' when you should've asked why?

by THE GLADIATOR 16 Replies latest jw friends

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

So happy I didn't hold back...........

Never has a day gone by that I think....

I wish I said this or that....

I think some of the Elders heard words they NEVER heard before.......

Strange how I was never DF'd

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Yes AGuest, I do understand your desire to speak out. I too spoke out and told my family why I was no longer prepared to be a Jehovah's Witness. I expected to be shunned as having known of my doubts for many years as I spoke out on a number of occasions.

They knew I would leave before long and told me that they would shun me if I left. When I did leave they relented. So did my wife’s parents. To be fair, we were treated very well and would have continued to be, had it not been for the book.

As you say though, some things can not be left unsaid. I felt I had a duty to share my experience. I probably would have published anyway but I would like to have prepared them for the shock. I would have like to have informed them of the manuscript and invited them to read it to see whether they though I should publish. Because of the way it was announced and the timing, they never got to read it!

There are kinder ways of breaking things gently to those we love.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

charlie brown jr.

As you are one of only 4 people who have found this thread interesting enough to comment on, I would like to thank you for speaking out.

I hope you carry on speaking out.

• tec
    tec

You have a book published, Glad?? I would love to read it.

I have been silent in the past when I should have spoken out. It makes me sick even now to think about it. So I can't say anything about others who let fear stop them, because I am no better. Sometimes I just don't know which is the right thing to do, speak or not speak.

I hope I'm doing better. I'm certainly trying not to let fear/cowardice stop me anymore. I need Christ's help to give me that strength, and because I have asked, well... I know that He will give it to me.

Peace,

Tammy

• leavingwt
  • tec
    tec

Thanks, Leaving :)

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Tammy: "Sometimes I just don't know which is the right thing to do, speak or not speak."

Sometimes it is a difficult call. Careless words can cause a lot of people to get hurt, even those who have done nothing wrong.

We have to balance the good it will do against the upset it will cause. Then ask what our motive is for speaking out.

By the way - I'm off on a walking holiday in a few hours and will be incommunicado for 10 days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit