Face Recognition in a Crowd. Scary Stuff.

by finallysomepride 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

This is the crowd before the riot in Canada. Put your cursor anywhere in the crowd and double-click a couple of times and then use the roll button in the centre of your mouse. This is pretty amazing. Check this out ...

This is the photo taken by Port Moody photographer Ronnie Miranda that appeared in our Tri-City News Friday (24-June).

This is actually scary. You can see - perfectly - the faces of every single individual - and there were thousands!

Privacy? Just think what the police and the military have at their disposal.

http://www.gigapixel.com/image/gigapan-canucks-g7.html
    Sent to me via email

• designs
    designs

Spy stuff is here to stay. As much as we don't like the idea of being spyed upon its one way the governments can track really nasty people. In California we have 100,000's plus felons on parole and not enough parole officers to track them all. Super computers pick them up at shopping malls, Banks, even Home Depot. My son works with the FBI on this huge problem.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Found waldo.

I have a feeling this technology will only increase the sales of the Guy Fawkes masks.

- Lime

• Lore
    Lore
    Found waldo.

It'd be so awesome if she put waldo in there somewhere!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Wow ! that is brilliant... If such things can help catch and put away such people as the British rioters and street muggers , then bring it on !

I know when I walk through a city centre that I am being picked up all the time on cctv, or in a shop they have anti shop lifting cameras . Since I do not steal things I have no problem

• clarity
    clarity

Thanks FSP ......it just amazes me!

Too bad the banks don't use that same technology, it would sure cut down on the robberies!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Well whaddya know?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Great job!

Now try to find this guy:

(Oddly, he's pretty easy to spot even in a picture like that.)

- Lime

• Terry
    Terry

In a crowd of cells in our body the cancer cell is the most damaging to the organism as a whole.

What if we had cameras available in our body that could locate these stray cells before they metastacise?

Same principle in a crowd of faces.

When somebody commits a robbery, an act of violence, joins others in looting, kidnaps a child, is a terrorist----we

are at their mercy because of anonymity.

These cameras are a tool of law enforcement no different than any other tool.

Any tool can be used badly.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Find this one:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit