Mass Apostasy- Sign of the Lord’s presence

by mankkeli 22 Replies latest jw friends

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Punkofnice, I'm not sure if anyone else has told you this, but you seem to be absolutely brilliant at picking articles apart and highlighting the language that is used by the writers to control jw's minds. When I first arrived here, it was your posts that helped me to realise HOW MANY baseless claims are made every week in the mags. Maybe I'm just saying all of this because, after having survived another mind numbing meeting, I feel glad to be able to come on here and be mentally stimulated again.. Anyway, keep up the good work! :)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Well then - since (according to the witchtower) the mass apostasy started in the first to second centuries, his presence must have started then.

Actually parousia does mean coming or arrival as any greek will tell you. Paul uses it that way.

The WTBTS used the word presence to account for his return not happening in 1873. He did return, but invisibly -in 1874- (so he is present, alongside us without being seen) Find the relevant mags for yourself - I dont spoonfeed adults.

The "PRESENCE" teaching has now taken on such a life of its own that now the WT can say that Jesus did not return (even invisibly) to the earth in 1914. (PROCLAIMERS book, p136) but still uphold a reinterpreted version of it that now teaches that Jesus returns or comes in several capacities at different times.

When do you think that they will start to say that Jesus is present in different ways at different times?

HB

• tec
    tec

better also than the “faithful and discreet slave,” through whom he has learned the best part, if not all that he knows about Jehovah God and his purposes. He develops a spiritofindependence, and becomes “proud in heart . . . something detestable to Jehovah.” (Prov.

16:5) Some apostates even think they know better than God, as regards his ordering of events in the outworking of his purposes. Two other causes of apostasy are therefore ingratitude and presumption.—2 Pet. 2:10b-13a.

Talk about setting oneself up in the seat of Christ!

Christ is the Truth about God. Christ is the Way. Christ is the Teacher. Christ shows us God.

Know Christ, know God. See Christ, see God.

Just thought I'd point that out.

PunkofNice, that was a great breakdown. Miz, awesome points also.

Peace,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit