It doesn't seem like 5 years....

by Open mind 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

...but 5 years ago today, I made my first post here on JWN.

I was an elder, had a true-believing JW wife and our unbaptized publisher children were beginning to feel pressure from other JWs to take the plunge.

Now we're all out.

Amazing how much can happen in 5 trips around the sun.

om

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

Well done Opne mind!!

How you manage to get out? did you fade ?

do something special for your anniversary!

WildeLover

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Happy Anniversary !!!

I hope to have an anniversary that includes my husband being out

• Joliette
    Joliette

Happy Anniversary. Been over one year since I've on here, and two years since I started doing my research.

Time flys!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks discreetslave & Joliette.

WildeLover: "How you manage to get out? did you fade ?"

I continued serving as an elder for a couple years, using that time to plant seeds of doubt in my wife and children.

When they were awakened, I stepped aside, we changed congregations and now I attend a meeting about once every 2-3 months.

Rest of the family even less.

om

• Hadit
    Hadit

Happy Anniversary! What a success story - so nice that all of your family got out with you. It took a lot of courage and planning to do what you did. Good for you - you reaped the benefits.

All the best to you guys!

Hadit

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Happy 5th Anniversary to you Opened Mind!

Paula x

• flipper
    flipper

OPEN MIND- Congrats on getting out and your family as well ! 5 years flies by so fast, doesn't it ? But now you have freedom of mind , freedom of movement and can have access to any information you need to inform yourself about what the REAL world is about ! In December it will be 8 years and counting since I last attended a meeting. I thank Jeh, er, my lucky stars every day ! Good for you

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Slan juh va, OM.

I continued serving as an elder for a couple years, using that time to plant seeds of doubt in my wife and children.

May I have some of those seeds, please?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks Hadit, Pams Girl & Flipper.

Nickolas: " May I have some of those seeds, please?"

I'm pretty sure your tongue was firmly in cheek, but if you're interested, here's a write up of the high points.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/183916/1/For-Active-JW-Men-Ideas-on-Awakening-Your-JW-Spouse-Long-post

Our situations are pretty different though and awakening your wife might actually not be the best thing for your particular situation.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit