Per the Oct 15, 2011 WT: Forced to attend church under threat of beating? Result: He had little regard for religion.

by Open mind 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

The current Kool-Aid Watchtower has a life story by a guy named Fred Rusk who grew up in the 1930's. Notice his understandable response to being forced to attend the Baptist Church.

The Watchtower, October 15, 2011, p. 18

"Serving Jehovah Has Been My Delight -- as told by Fred Rusk"

Grandfather's older daughters managed the household. Although he was not a religious man, his daughters were strict Southern Baptists. Under threat of a beating, I was forced to attend church every Sunday. So from an early age, I had little regard for religion.

Yet, two decades later, what was the Watchtower promoting?

*** w54 1/15 p. 58 par. 15 Disciplining Children for Life ***
    15 Did any of you children ever get in trouble for not sitting still, maybe during a meeting? You should go to the fawn, you restless ones, and consider its ways, and be wise. A mother deer will conceal its baby or fawn and instruct it to freeze motionless, and it will remain without moving for hours. Rarely do fawns disobey and move, but if they do they get a spanking from sharp mother hoofs.
    *** w54 1/15 p. 62 par. 27 Disciplining Children for Life ***
    27 You parents know what you must do. You children know what you must do. Jehovah knows what he will do. If we obey him, he will do things for us. If we disobey him, he will do things to us. Remember, the meek will inherit the earth; the rebellious will return to the earth. Let us try to inhabit it, not return to it.

Can you feel the love?

om

• rocketman
    rocketman

They never see the irony, do they?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Fred Rusk, Gilead instructor; ah, there's one cadaverous individual!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Funny, I wonder what a JW parent would do if I refused to go to a meeting as a little kid?

• agonus
    agonus

"You should go to the fawn, you restless ones, and consider its ways, and be wise"...

WTF? Seriously... WHO TALKS LIKE THIS?

• agonus
    agonus

This is another article so glaringly obvious it has to make me wonder if there isn't some apostate influence at work in Bethel...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Under threat of a beating, I was forced to attend church every Sunday. So from an early age, I had little regard for religion.

This is Effin Stupid..

No JW Kid can refuse to go to the Kingdom Hall..

Many of us got the shit beat out of them.. "At the Kingdom Hall"..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Fred Rusk is mentioned in Crisis of Conscience http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/213254/1/Fred-Rusk-life-experience-Oct-15-WT

Formerly prominent JW gives his life experience here. He is mentioned a few times in Franz's book & used to be a Gilead instructor with Ed Dunlap , so clearly is aware of apostate issues. His exceptionally rude letter on page 612 of "In Search Of Christian Freedom" to a man whose wife committed suicide betrays a lack of love & understanding for rank & file JWs.
  • Open mind
    Open mind

OUTLAW: "No JW Kid can refuse to go to the Kingdom Hall.."

Exactly.

As Rocketman said, they don't get the irony.

It reminds me of the article not too long ago that was targeting people from India that had the statement that 'no one should be forced to choose between their religious beliefs and their family'.

JWs are special, and what they see as applying to the rest of the world, doesn't apply to them.

om

• sabastious
    sabastious

Im confused. So Watchtower kids were being told be like the Fonz?

Or the Fawns?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit