New Buzzword......Divine Education!!

by foolsparadise 4 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

HAHA....what a bunch of crap designed to make you feel more guilty for thinking about attending college to make life easier for your family. Why would you attend a higher education when you can attend Divine education from Jehovah!!!!!!!!!! Get a life scumbags. Ya let me attend all of your stupid ass phony meaningless courses so that when I graduate I have no diploma and cant make any money except for you.....pieces of dog manure is what they are plain and simple.

• blondie
    blondie

Some things never change.

*** km 12/05 p. 1 pars. 2-3 Education That Leads to Life ***

Why Superior: Education is offered today by almost every means possible and on every subject imaginable. (Eccl. 12:12) But such knowledge cannot compare in value to "the magnificent things of God." (Acts 2:11) Has the education offered in the world been able to draw mankind any closer to the Creator and to knowing his purpose? Has it helped people to understand what happens when we die or why there is so much suffering? Has it given people hope? Has it helped to improve the family arrangement? No. Only through divine education can we find real answers to life’s most important questions.

Divine education provides something that is sorely lacking in today’s world—moral development. God’s Word uproots racism, tribalism, and nationalism from the hearts of those who accept and apply its teachings. (Heb. 4:12) It has moved people to renounce every kind of violence and to ‘clothe themselves with the new personality.’ (Col. 3:9-11; Mic. 4:1-3) Moreover, divine education has given millions the strength to overcome deeply embedded practices and traits that displease God.—1 Cor. 6:9-11.

*** w96 2/1 pp. 12-13 par. 19 Education—Use It to Praise Jehovah ***

What about today? A good secular education is important. It helps us to develop mentally. But where can we turn for education that will show us the best moral values to live by and that will help us to develop spiritually? Within the Christian congregation, we have access to a program of theocratic education that is not available anywhere else on earth. By means of our personal study of the Bible and Bible-based publications as well as the instruction provided at congregation meetings, assemblies, and conventions, we can receive this priceless, ongoing education—divine education—free of charge! What does it teach us?

*** w85 1/15 p. 24 "Kingdom Increase" Conventions—What Rich Spiritual Feasts! ***

Secular education also was considered in the modern-day drama Divine Education Increases Kingdom Fruitage. This highlight contrasted the dangers common to attending college with the rewards of full-time service. Youths appreciated the straightforward counsel, and one young man remarked: "That drama was not an exaggeration."

*** w60 1/15 p. 48 par. 14 The Happy Family of the Wonder-working God ***

Right now the divine education is specializing in the wondrous truths concerning Jehovah’s established kingdom. Hence it is important for all of God’s family to give first attention to their personal Bible study and to attending their local Kingdom Hall regularly, doing their utmost to become equipped as workmen approved by God, "handling the word of the truth aright." (2 Tim. 2:15) A good, basic secular education is also important to those of God’s family. But for what purpose? For advancement in this world? Not so, but it is important only insofar as it equips them and provides background for their role as ministers. Keep secular education in its place. Those who get interested in superior worldly learning, or who try to "develop character" by wandering from one culture to another, are liable to get drowned in this world’s philosophy. (Col. 2:8) All should make it their one goal now to win through to God’s new world. Later there will be abundant opportunity to share in other studies, according to the divine season and purpose.

*** w50 4/1 p. 99 pars. 2-3 Divine Education Bears Good Fruit ***

But not all persons heed Jehovah’s provided education. They look upon it as old-fashioned, and instead turn to the wisdom of this modern world. With pride they point to the advances of scientific knowledge in the fields of chemistry and physics and medicine. They peer into their telescopes and microscopes, study the structure of the earth, read the record in the rocks, and bring forth theories in waves. Studies in human relations run the gamut from the family circle to the international front. They have developed their cultures in music and literature and art. Moreover, their religions have evolved with the times, grown materially richer, embraced social problems, entered political fields, and been added to and subtracted from to make them able to live with supposed scientific advances in education. And to teach all this worldly wisdom they have set up intricate school systems that grab the individual’s mind at childhood and indoctrinate it till he reaches adulthood. The world considers such educational program the vital one, and pushes it forward while pushing back old-fashioned Bible instruction.

Has the world’s educational program brought forth good fruit? Has it brought the peace, happiness, health and life mankind wants? Has it erased greed and selfishness, racial barriers and religious prejudices from the human mind and heart? Has not war rather than peace had first call on man’s scientific knowledge? Do not many measure happiness in terms of money? Has not health been sacrificed on the altar of so-called civilization, with its unnatural ways of living? Has not life become artificial, filled with social and other vanities? Has man’s knowledge of medicine delivered him from the ill effects of disease and harmful habits and immoral practices? Mankind’s ailments have increased with its education. Knowledge has forwarded man’s destruction. Worldly wisdom is not awake to the times, and its educational program is not up-to-date with these last days. Even its religious systems have failed to feed the people on the divine education they are thirsting and starving for: "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: and they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it."—Amos 8:11, 12.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

AAAAGGH!!!! These higher ed. threads are killing me!! I can literally feel my BP rise just looking at them!
    And as for the November WT, I just deleted it from my iPostate pad it was making me so ill!!!!!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Oh those rub-a-dubs and their buzzwords.

• scary21
    scary21

Has mans knowledge of medicine delivered him from the ill effects of disease...................DUH ! YES. it most certainly has. But it can't cure brain drain in a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit