Was Jesus sent only for

by jam 36 Replies latest social current

• freydo
    freydo

If you don't want to follow the words of Messiah and the NT writers that explain the Tanakh, I'd say you're in for heavy judgment regardless of whether you are of the lost tribe remnant or pagan stock. In the end, you're viewed as pagan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LxEh6MJq_g&feature=endscreen

• Heaven
    Heaven

God's plan from the very beginning was always to bring thew world to knowing Him, through Israel.

And That is what happend.

Uh, doubt it very much. There are many people on Earth who have no idea who this Jesus guy was purported to be.

Like these people for instance. How does one tell these people that if they don't get baptized as a Christian (and put some clothes on for Christ's sake!) they risk burning for all eternity? :

Remote Amazon Tribe

• freydo
    freydo

The problem is, imho, these pagan religions are doing the baptizing on the one hand while eating a ham sandwich on the other. The idea from the beginning was not to save and convert the heathen. It was to be a light to them. In many of these cultures they have traditions that go right straight back to the Tanakh. If you look at the history of missionary successes, it's been colossal failure.

"In fact, to every thoughtful observer, one of two things must be apparent: either the church has made a great mistake in supposing that in the present age, and in her present condition, her office has been to convert the world, or else God's plan has been a miserable failure."

CT Russell - Vol 1 p 14 - http://www.ctrussell.us/

• still thinking
    still thinking
    If you don't want to follow the words of Messiah and the NT writers that explain the Tanakh, I'd say you're in for heavy judgment regardless of whether you are of the lost tribe remnant or pagan stock. In the end, you're viewed as pagan.

Oh well...such is life...LOL

• freydo
    freydo

The Bible Students didn't understand what they were doing either. They thouht they out gathering the 144,000.

They were just as pagan as the rest of the denominations. But they did have some remarkable insights,

as they were a light to the world.

Ditto the apostasizing jw's who see themselves as "other sheep" and "great crowd". LOL

All Pagans

• mP
    mP

Calling anyone in the Middle East cultures a dog especially in Bible times is an insult, kind of like bitch is a sexual insult towards women. I have never seen a strict muslim have a pet dog. Somehow i think theres a message there, in how the culture perceives dogs the animal. I could be wrong, and i would be interested, but muslims tend to go for other types of animals as pets, just never dogs.

So when you read the scripture, its really a depressing terrible way to treat and speak to someone. We have other very bad insulting words, and they hurt, we just dont appreciate what "dog" meant. the scripture is not a reference to warm and cuddly dogs, far from it.

• freydo
    freydo

There's something interesting in my last post and that I find myself doing from time to time, namely leaving out a whole word. Don't know if it's some kind of dyslexia or not, but I was thinking about how the brain deals with information that doesn't fit that which it believes to be true. It just blanks it out, because otherwise it would require a complete paradigm rethink that could have serious consequences. In this case, the idea that Yeshua was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel is a real monkey wrench into virtually every x-tian religion, and there are many others. It's like when the Ethiopian Eunuch was asked if he knew what he was reading. He had to be enlightened. Otherwise he might blank out whole sentences that didn't fit his preconceptions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit