Ridiculous "it must be the Truth"-type experiences in Bible Study

by stillstuckcruz 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

*** w07 2/1 pp. 13-14 Why I Delight in Making Disciples ***One day while I was preaching there, a lady shut the door in my face. But soon she came looking for me in order to apologize. When I returned the next week, she said: "I felt as though I had shut the door in God’s face. I just had to go and look for you." Her name was Pearl. She told me that she had been so disillusioned with friends and relatives that she had prayed to God for a true friend. "And then you came to the door," she said. "Now I realize that you must be that true friend."

*** w01 4/1 pp. 18-19 par. 16 True Christianity Prevails! ***By just making ourselves available, unexpected opportunities to make disciples sometimes arise. In Nairobi, Kenya, two Christian women in field service had finished working the houses assigned to them. A young woman suddenly approached them and excitedly said: "I’ve been praying to meet someone like you." She implored the Witnesses to come to her home immediately for a discussion, and a Bible study was started with her that very day.

*** w00 3/1 p. 5 God Does Answer Prayers ***A young woman in India was in serious need of comfort. Married at 21, she had two children. But soon after the birth of the second child, her husband died. Suddenly, at the age of 24, she was a widow with a 2-month-old daughter and a 22-month-old son. No wonder she needed comfort! Where could she turn? One night, in deep distress, she prayed, saying, "Heavenly Father, please comfort me through your Word."

The next morning, she had a visitor. He was one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. That day, his house-to-house ministry had been difficult because few had opened the door to him. Tired and rather discouraged, he was about to go home, but somehow he felt impelled to visit just one more house. That was where he met the young widow. She invited him in and accepted a publication that explained the Bible.

*** w98 4/15 p. 27 From City Towers to Wilderness Tundra—Go to the People ***Early one morning at the airport, a man accepted the Watchtower and Awake! magazines. He then said in a calm, slow voice: "Oh, no, not Jehovah’s Witnesses!" Why such a reaction? The man was a devout Muslim who had just been praying in the airport chapel. He had been pleading with God to show him wisdom, insight, and truth. The thought that Jehovah’s Witnesses were an instant answer to his prayer simply amazed him.

*** w95 10/15 p. 15 Reaching All Kinds of People in Modern-Day Athens ***One day shortly after he moved to Athens, he found at his door a copy of TheWatchtower, which had the cover theme "Health and Happiness Can Be Yours." He read it several times. In the same magazine, he read that we should seek first God’s Kingdom and his righteousness. (Matthew 6:33) Thomas kneeled and asked God to show him how to do this, promising: "If you show me how to seek your Kingdom, I will devote six months of my life to learn how to serve you." In the fourth week after that, two Witnesses knocked on his door. Immediately Thomas accepted a Bible study, and ten months later he was baptized.

*** w85 12/15 p. 20 par. 18 Urgently Needed—More Harvest Workers! ***Take the case of a young woman in New Zealand. The Witness who first called on her noticed that she was "uptight emotionally and obviously worked up over something." Later this person admitted that "she had been going to commit suicide and had decided to pray to God first to ask him to help her." At that point the Witness knocked on her door, so she really "thanked God for answering her prayer." Was this a coincidence? Then why do similar things happen so often? What did Jesus say? "When the Son of man arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him, . . . he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats." (Matthew 25:31, 32; see also Revelation 14:6.) The angels are helping Jesus in the shepherding work, and they direct the Master’s "fellow workers" to those who are crying to Him for help.—1 Corinthians 3:6, 9; see Acts 8:26-39; 16:9, 10.

*** w79 5/15 p. 32 Jehovah Is the "Hearer of Prayer" ***A registered nurse was highly esteemed by friends and acquaintances. But her marriage was a failure, and her husband eventually departed because of his immoral life. Being a deeply religious woman, one day the nurse desperately prayed, expressing her longing for a happy life and pleading that God would let her know if he had a worthwhile purpose.

That very afternoon, Jehovah’s Witnesses came to the woman’s door while they were engaging in their house-to-house preaching activity. She had just taken a shower and was still wearing a robe. But even from the brief introductory comments made by one of the Witnesses, the nurse felt that her prayer had been answered.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

16. Christians today (only JWS) are privileged (typical WTB$ word) to share in the work like (weasel) that done by Philip. (Appeal to authority) Often, (Weasel) they are able to present the Kingdom message (WTB$ propaganda) to those they meet in informal settings, (Starbucks) such as when travelling. (From Starbucks to Nandos') In many (weasel) cases, it is apparent (weasel) that their meeting up with an honest hearted (potential WTB$ ‘mind cleansed’ victims. US vs: THEM mentality again) individual is no coincidence. This is to be expected, (who are you trying to convince? Me or you?) for the Bible makes clear (weasel) that the angels are directing the preaching work so that the message (WTB$ propaganda) reaches "every nation and tribe and tongue and people." (Well, they’re doing a crap job!) (Rev. 14:6)(Yes. Use a ‘visions’ book that even the GB admit they might not be able to interpret) Angelic direction in the preaching work is precisely (weasel) what Jesus foretold.(How precisely did Jesus say to place watchtowers for the WTB$?) In his illustration (If it's JUST an illustration, why all the fuss?) about the wheat and the weeds, Jesus said that during the harvest time-the conclusion of the system of things-"the reapers are angels." He added that these spirit creatures would "collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and persons who are doing lawlessness." (Matt. 13:37-41) At the same time, the angels would gather prospective heavenly heirs of the Kingdom-and later "a great crowd" of "other sheep" (Parables! Jesus talks only of 'the Kingdom of the Heavens' The WTB$ twists parables and inserts their own interpretation. Nowhere in these parables is it clear some go to heaven and some stay on Earth)-whom Jehovah wants to draw to his organization. (Direct WTB$ advert. An appeal to authority) (scriptures...)

17. As evidence (weasel) that this is taking place, some (weasel) of those whom we approach in our ministry say that they had been praying for spiritual guidance. (It’s a pity the WTB$ got there first. What about all the instances where other Churches answered this call and not the WTB$?) Consider one experience (Here we go. Another fictitious ‘Andre’ story) in which two Kingdom publishers (Who’s that then?) were accompanied by a small child. (advert to guilt parents & children to spread WTB$ propaganda) At the end of the morning, the two Witnesses were about to stop their preaching work, (Why bother they’d have been sitting in Starbucks anyway) but the child was unusually eager to go to the next home. (So angels direct children but not adults?) In fact, he went by himself (WHA? They let a child go on it’s own? What kind of morons were in charge?) and knocked on the door! When a young lady opened the door, the two adult Witnesses approached to talk to her. (Darn! Someone’s at home!) To their surprise, the woman explained that she had just been praying for someone to call on her to help her to understand the Bible. A bible (Watchtower doctrine with a couple of out of context scriptures as in ‘mystical manipulation’) study was arranged.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Thanx for the articles Blondie. What I find strikingly disturbing is how EVERY supposedly quoted experience is all portayed in the same WT language as the others. I really wonder how they go through the processes of getting these experiences. How they may have changed words and experiences from their actual happenings. I mean I'm sure they would change any "slang" to proper sentencing. But half their quotes seem nothing like how normal people would actually say them.

• blondie
    blondie

stillstuckcruz, if you ever have been "privileged" to give an experience at an assembly/convention, you would find out very quickly how it is changed and massaged by the CO or DO to fit the current agenda and beyond recognition and in many cases nothing like the original event. When the person giving it is not the original person, the WTS uses the word "reenactment."

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

No i've never had such a "privelege". (thanks the heavens). But I really despise those reeactments. You know for a fact theyve been altered in some way, form, or fasion. Not to mention the acting is horrendous. lol.

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

To their surprise, the woman explained that she had just been praying for someone to call on her to help her to understand the Bible. A bible study was arranged.

I’m wondering who it was that really answered this prayer. Because if this woman really received a truly accurate understanding of the Bible, she would understand that the Garden of Eden and Global Flood stories were purely allegorical and literary – not the JW fantasy of them being real historical accounts.

This women would have understood the harsh injunctions written in Deuteronomy against false prophets, and would have been given an understanding of the Watchtower’s numerous false predictions made in God’s name.

This lady would have understood Paul’s blunt condemnation of those preaching a new Gospel that he and the apostles did not preach – and then compare that to the Watchtower’s new message that was never spoken by any of the apostles. We could go on.

You will hear many of these kinds of stories if you attend any religious group for a while. I once heard an experience in a church where one of the members didn’t have enough money to pay their rent. They prayed fervently that they be able to pay their rent that month. One morning, they found an envelope under their door mat that contained a few hundred dollars in it – the exact amount needed to pay their rent.

I have even heard these kinds of experiences amoung people who do not even attend any church, and who are not even Christian. I will even wager that if you were to listen to testimonials among Muslim populations, you will hear very similar stories. As much as they would like to believe so; Jehovah's Witnesses are not the center of the universe.

• bioflex
    bioflex

I’m wondering who it was that really answered this prayer. Because if this woman really received a truly accurate understanding of the Bible, she would understand that the Garden of Eden and Global Flood stories were purely allegorical and literary – not the JW fantasy of them being real historical accounts.

can u ellaborate on this?, i am not a JW but as far as i am concerned the Garden of Eden and the Great Flood during Noah's time we both REAL and PHYSICAL as anything can ever be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit