Since my Elder dad died...

by aquagirl 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Ive been sad.I miss him alot.But I must say,It is very nice to not be hearing all of the "doom and gloom" all of the time.The "we will all be in paradise except you,and even tho I wont be supposed to,Ill still miss you" speech.{still chokes me up a bit}.Hell,yeah,I miss my dad,and feel like I was robbed of many years of a good life with him by the JW's and their petty doctrines and spys.I still have my mum,and she goes to the meetings occasionally,but she knows the deal.My dad was just too damaged from his time in Aushweitz to really ever be happy of free.Poor soul.I hope he has found some solace and peace at last.Dad,I still love you,even tho you made my life hell with the JW thing,I know you were doinf it cause you really did believe it...But its nice to be away from it.I hope he is at peace at last.....

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I understand how you feel.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Thanks.I thik that our parents might really believe that they are doing the right thing ya know? But as with all cults,it get so twisted...I try to remember the good times,and there were a lot..None of the involve assemblies or meetings or that tho.Its about the farm,our rare family outings,one on one time fishing with him in his little jonboat.Thats what its all about I guess.The healing begins...

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

And This site and all of you guys,have been a huge help to me.It was so nice to realize that I wasnt the only one...Thank you to everyone!

• crazycate
    crazycate

My deepest condolences on your loss.

• Ding
    Ding

I'm grateful you have been able to move forward with your life, Aquagirl.

You have lots of friends here who understand.

• Babyruth
    Babyruth

At times during the grieving process, we mourn the loss of the person for what they were, but also for the person for what they were not. You find yourself grieving the relationship which was never what you wanted it to be, and you're grieving the loss of hope that it might have gotten better. Whichever way your memory goes,..embrace the person fully in their humanity...the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am so sorry for your loss and am sending heart healing thoughts across the miles....

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Its so hard loosing a loved one, I can empathise with you x Remember the good times, and dont rake yourself over the coals about the bad stuff or things you cant change. Hugs to you x

Paula x

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry you lost your dad.

• Open mind
    Open mind

You have my deepest condolences.

Aquagirl: "I thik that our parents might really believe that they are doing the right thing ya know?"

Absolutely. To do something truly evil, it really helps to get religion in the mix. My parents would shun me in a heartbeat. Because they truly love me.

Wishing you healing on the road ahead.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit