Cambridge: JW tries to entice 11 y. o. boy into having sex

by behemot 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Agree with James. If we are talking about a baptised witness here, he became part of "God clean organisation" then went on to commit this atrocious crime. Ok, hes just a man. But hes also a Jehovahs Witness. The incidence of mental health in the cult is high as we all know. It can drive a person crazy. But, that aside, his status is important. It matters. It sure matters to the little boys family, and to him.

Witnesses often feel they are better than joe public. Higher. Closer to God. This man represented Jehovah. A position of trust? Someone who you can depend on? And look what he did. Nothing coincidental about it. Ive been sexually abused, and what hurts the most is I trusted this man.

The suits, the smiles, the handshakes, the grooming, the lifestyle, the literature, ALL looks good on the surface. The truth is very different. Not for all, but for some.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

It's no secret that I loathe the Watchtower, so please don't take my comments as in any way defending it. I'd rejoice to see it destroyed and I will do whatever I can to help that along, just as you will. But if you and I want to be credible in our attacks against the Watchtower we should be careful that our positions are credible, too. As much as I condemn the Watchtower for its policies related to pedophilia in its organisation, I can't credibly hold this guy up as a shining example of what the Watchtower represents. There is no evidence presented here that the Watchtower made any attempt to protect this man, and there is no evidence that he represents the Watchtower in any official capacity, so there is no credible basis for me to associate the Watchtower with his actions. Show me otherwise and I will change my tune. Otherwise, all we have here is a sick puppy who also happens to be a Jehovah's Witness.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I hear what you say Nickolas.

I guess speaking from a point of pain, Im unable to be objective in any way about this subject. In hindsight, I probably shouldnt have commented.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I understand your pain.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

It just goes to show that a certified, trained counselor; that may or may not have any "church" affiliation can be trusted with this delicate, and important task.

This despite the fact that Watchtower's literature, and talks by their elders at their "kingdom" churches call all non-worshipers "worldly", and "wicked"!

Yet, there are many examples where non-jehovah's witnesses are more God conscientious, loving shepherds to people and obedient to the laws of the land.

The "spirit anointed elders" of the so called "Jehovah's Witnesses" of The Watch Tower Incorporated, are thusly proved to be false shepherds, and cultic shams!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit