disgusted with their smugness

by LuckyNun 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun
    A few people from my JW past recently friended me on facebook and I accepted. I should have known better. It was all good and we sent a few catching-up messages back and forth. Then I started seeing their newsfeed posts and it was just a bunch of memorial invite spam and nature photos with smug comments on how the chosen ones had Paradise to look forward to. "oh my word, totally living there in the new system!!!11"

The last straw was a link to this: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRightWingNews/photos/a.401034789956656.90394.389658314427637/694001510659981/?type=1

with a bunch of likes from all the judgey assholes I left behind, including my mother who still lives with the man who sexually and physically abused her children. It was in reference to marriage equality. I should have known better. I unfriended everybody, blocked my mother, and honestly feel like making my fb page a sea of rainbows and silentlambs.org links.
  • Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Wow... I read a few posts on that right wing news.... Wish I hadn't. Barf!

I wouldn't say the opinions shared there would reflect JWs exactly though. Just typical American ignorance at its best

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

J.W's are insufferably smug, but I am now convinced that is short lived.

The Paedophile scandals, their bogus Charity Status, and the declining number of adherents will all become apparent, and then the smugness will give way to desperation, as they try to defend the indefensible.

All the evil that this "religion" has perpetrated will come back to bite them in the bum.

Ain't Karma a bitch ?

• Watchtower-Free
  • yodastar
    yodastar

Love it Phizzy !!

Unfortunately that smugness has an effect and for years I came across arrogant but may not have realised, well sometimes I did but that was probably on purpose ha, but I'm just referring to the in built smugness/arrogance that is inculcated from childhood.

When your dumb-dumbed like that for so long into believing you are the only right or true people on the entire planet ( yes that sounds crazy ) I think you intuitively become smug and that is oh so sad and destructive.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Refriend everybody, unblock your mother.

Then make your fb page a sea of rainbows and silentlambs.org links.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit