NWT translation

by apostate man 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• apostate man
    apostate man

I have been doing a lot of research lately on JWs and the New World Translation. Through history, I found that King James, in 1604, ordered a commitee to accurately translate the original scriptures, from Hebrew and Greek, into the English language. This took 47 people 7 years to do and thus came up with the KJ Bible. When I brought this up to my JW in-laws, they say that history can not be trusted and that info is wrong. I asked where the NWT came from and he said it was translated from the original scriptures. Now we all know that the differences are huge between one and the other, so what gives? I know WHY it is different but can anyone tell me where,when,who,how and from what it was translated. He pointed me to the FOREWARD page in the NWT where it gives the illusion that they translated it from the original, but it actually never says that. The wording is very decieving. ANSWERS????

• Moxy
    Moxy

the All Scripture Inspired book gives the most thorough explanation of the source documents used in translation. (principly the Wescott & Hort Greek Translation and the Biblia Hebraica, if memory serves.) of course there are still lots of unanswered questions like who exactly the translators were and what there credentials were that you will not find in any WT publication, but about which you will find much info on the net.

mox

• Satanus
    Satanus

The nt (greek) was translated from a manuscript put together by westcot and hort. I believe they were anglicans.

SS

• jerome
    jerome

it seems that that bible was translated to prove many doctrinal points and to disprove many othrs.

especially the trinty. [and the word was a god]

all well nearly all of the scriptures relating to the diety of christ were altered
    PURPOSLY

the only website that i have found [there may be others] that defends that bible is owned and operated by jws!

ferd franz was the main translator.

that is all for now.

the bible is a two edged sword
    wield it the wrong way and it you WILL cut yourself!

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

It was translated by a purposely secret gathering of 5-7 WT men--
    Several of whom were or in the future were presidents of the society.
    None of whom knew the Biblical languages. There is a good series on JWs by the Ankerberg Research Institute that has good info on the NWT.
    email me for the url cuz I have to find it
    <>< Angie

• Solace
    Solace

In the N.W.T I noticed differences in the wording of key scriptures which then changed the understanding. obviously changed to be more supportive of J.W. doctrines. One that pops into my mind, aside from John 1 is Matthew 25:46 which speaks of hell and punishment. Other bibles read "eternal punishment" NWT reads "eternal cutting off". There were times when I had 4 bibles in front of me to compare different scriptures. My husband must have thought I was nuts. It was very upsetting, I couldnt believe they would actually alter the bible.
    Scary that someone can alter somthing, not sign their name and call it a translation.

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

You may want to try using MAJOR different bibles, like the NWT, and a KJV, and the DR Catholic, the Goodspeed, and an orthodox Greek Bible. Now you will really see some MAJOR differences in MANY places. Protestant versions are just that, protestant versions, and all pretty much read the same.

• butalbee
    butalbee

It's bogus, it is so corrupt and misleading to influence the minds of the WT thinking. It suits the beliefs of JW, not a real bible in my opinion. And if you compare it's writting to other bibles, you notice the difference. It's BS.

• Bang
    Bang

During the door to door exercises, people should be told that JWs have many differences in their bible because of their superior integrity - knowledge, ability and honesty.

It might save people going any further.

Bang

• jerome
    jerome

i know that they modified it to deal with their teachings

but they dident actually know the biblical languages?

who could risk doing something like that?

read the last few verses of revelation 22 [i think thts the last chapter of revelation]

and jws are so proud of this accurate and most presice modern day bible.

franz new some greek but come on
    was it that this was all just a fabrication.

the bible is a two edged sword
    wield it the wrong way and it you WILL cut yourself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit