Would Russell have used the internet?

by MrFreeze 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Do you think that if Russell were alive today and starting his religion today, that he would have utilized the internet and other avenues like Harold Camping did?

• blondie
    blondie

I think he would; the Photodrama of Creation shows how he was willing to use the advanced technology of his day.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I think he would; the Photodrama of Creation shows how he was willing to use the advanced technology of his day.

Agree completely - also Rutherford was sort of a pioneer in radio broadcast, even with the door to door record players and sound cars. Post Knorr, though, the society seems to be largely averse to modern technology - even holding a sort of superstitous fear of the internet.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

He would have invented pop-up ads that couldn't be closed.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    He would have invented pop-up ads that couldn't be closed.

But only if MONEY could be made off them -

• AGuest
    AGuest

Of course, he would, dear MrF (peace to you!). Russell was a huge opportunist, innovator, and venture capitalist. Not only would he have used to Internet to spread his propaganda... but, IMHO, would have allowed all manner of advertising on his site... if it brought in money.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA, who finds it quite interesting... and utterly hypocritical... that JWs have a problem with folks who "protest" and use signs, etc., as to them... while they literally pioneered using that form of "public announcement" against the RCC and others...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This might be a good question to ask a current JW who is actually a believer. I wonder what they would say. If they would say yes then why doesnt the WT utilize it more effectively now?

• breakfast of champions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit