Hey Christians

by free2beme 39 Replies latest jw friends

• maksym
    maksym

Not all Christains are saved and neither are all those that don't claim to be Christian are thereby condemned.

• startingover
    startingover

Rebel8,

You must hae made all those up, because Tec and AGuest say Jesus is nothing but peace and love.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Cheer up Startingover - Jesus can be anything you want him to be.

Revelation depicts him as riding on a white horse with a long sword coming out of his mouth. My I’d like to see that. He would go down well in the Roman arena and impress Caesar. The next most appealing image of Jesus is him turning water into wine for me.

More loving people prefer to think of him as a kind man in sandals healing and giving out free fish. Whatever you want he is the man of your dreams!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sigh... was gonna leave it be, dear SO and Glad (peace to you, both!)... but:

Jesus says that he has come to destroy families by making family members hate each other. He has “come not to send peace, but a sword.” Matthew 10:34

Okay, so say your "neighbor" is kind, loving, generous, non-judgmental, etc., showing themselves to either have the Law [of love] written on their hearts... or living the Law "by nature." On the other hand, your family member is mean, unkind, lacks love, tight-fisted... and judges you while they exist in sin themselves. In fact, they won't even speak to you because you no longer believe what they do. Whom, really, SHOULD you choose? Such family member? Or the Law [of love]... of which Christ is the "beginning"? Which SHOULD you choose... even if you don't believe in Christ? Given what many here have gone through/are going through, can we TRULY say that "family IS the most important thing?" Personally, I think it depends on the family MEMBER, but perhaps some would stand by even Charles Manson... or Jeffrey Dahmer... or Adolf Hitler. I mean, it does take all kinds...

Families will be torn apart because of Jesus. "Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." Matthew 10:21

It isn't those who follow[ed] Christ who tore/will tear families apart. Rather, THEY are ones who were and will be delivered up TO death... and against whom their own children arise and cause them to be put to death. It happened during the first century... has occurred since... and will occur again. It you're going to look to this verse, then at least review history...

Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. Matthew 5:17

And what is the "Law and the prophets"? The additional "stuff" that went beyond what the Most Holy One of Israel gave? No, which is why my Lord said that HE came to bear witness to the TRUTH. Where, then, did you see him... the One who FULFILLED the Law... wreak vengeance upon any individual? Return evil for evil? Revile? Judge? Condemn? Wage war against... against any individual... including those who were his enemies? Kill little children? Kill ANYONE?

Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn’t care for his preaching. Matthew 11:20
    HE didn't condemn them; he only told them the TRUTH as to their ultimate demise... and why. (John 12:47, 48)

Jesus, whose clothes are dipped in blood, has a sharp sword sticking out of his mouth. Thus attired, he treads the winepress of the wrath of God. (The winepress is the actual press that humans shall be put into so that we may be ground up.) Revelations 19:13-15

Oh, Lordy, NO! The blood is HIS... and the sword is the word of TRUTH... which comes from his mouth! (Proverbs 8:6-9) Because, along with love, TRUTH is what divides those who belong to God from those who belong to the "father of the lie."

The beast and the false prophet are cast alive into a lake of fire.

SHOULDN'T they BE??

The rest of us the unchosen will be killed with the sword of Jesus. “An all the fowls were filled with their flesh.” Revelations 19:20-21

They are "killed"... by the TRUTH. Meaning, whatever power and authority they HAD... the truth will remove. As for the fowls being filled with their flesh, WHOSE flesh? Just any old person who wasn't a chosen one? Sigh... no. Only those deserving of such an end. Are ANY of such persons GOOD? No! They CAN'T be... because killing such would be an UNRIGHTEOUS act on God's part. It is interesting, though, that during, say, the Holocaust, virtually the ENTIRE world would have PRAYED for God to 'do something' to Hitler and his Reich. How many, though, do you think would've had to be killed in order to put an immediate stop to that? NO ONE would have given a second thought to, say, an atomic bomb dropping on Berlin... and wiping out that entire regime! Same with Red China. Goodness, what hypocrisy!

Jesus speaks in parables to confuse people so they will go to hell. Mark 4:11-12

And who is the "you" he is speaking to here? Those who have "ears to hear". Such "ears" are offered... and offered... and offered. Heck, I even tell folks that they're being offered. Have YOU taken up that offer? If not, WHY not? Because you don't WANT to hear... so as to "get it." Why, then, should he give you "treasure"... that YOU don't want?

Jesus asks that his followers abandon their children to follow him. Matthew 19:29

What if those children were, say, adult... and solid adherents to a harmful cult? Should you stay with them, following them... simply because they are your children? Or should you LEAVE them, to go and walk in the RIGHT direction... while hoping that perhaps THEY will follow YOU... and get OUT? But if everyone stays IN... who can really help WHO? Won't they ALL fall into the "pit"?

Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark 7:9

There is NOTHING in this verse that even suggests such a thing! Where in the WORLD did you get such a false idea??

Jesus says that those who have been less fortunate in this life will have it even worse in the life to come. Mark 4:25

Again, another verse that absolutely does not even SUGGEST what you are insinuating. The previous verse clarifies what he's speaking of... and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fortunate OR the unfortunate. It is about GIVING: those who GIVE... will be given MORE. Those who DON'T... even what they have will be taken away. C'mon... if you're going to use the Bible to discredit Christ, at least use it accurately... and honestly...

Jesus sends the devils into 2000 pigs, causing them to jump off a cliff and be drowned in the sea. Clearly Jesus could have simply sent the devils out, yet he chose instead to place them into pigs and kill them. This is called animal abuse. Mark 5:12-13

No, he couldn't have simply sent them out... because unless they were CONFINED... they would have simply found another to possess and torment. Water confines spirits (fire destroys them)... and so he had to get them INTO the water. Since spirits can only occupy LIVING things (so the WTBTS' very false teachings re books, furniture, toys, etc., is utterly ridiculous)... he had to send them into living vessels. The choice? The man they were possessing... or something else. He chose something else... swine. He chose swine because of their "uncleanliness." He ordered them out of the man... but into the herd of swine... to get them into the water... where they are confined to this day. Yes, the swine died. Ummmm... there were GOING to die ANYWAY - they were going to be slaughtered... and not just for food (their hides were used for a great many things, as well, during those times).

Jesus kills a fig tree for not bearing figs, even though it was out of season. Mark 11:13

The Son of God, by means of which this tree even HAD life... refused HIM life, in the form of food. You would have done the same thing, under the circumstances: "You don't want to produce for ME, then you will never produce again." I do find it interesting, however, that you seem to have more sympathy for a TREE... than for a man who looked for something to eat. Smacks of Jonah's feelings for a gourd tree... and LACK of feeling for the PEOPLE of Nineveh. (Jonah, Chapters 3 and 4)

Luke 12:47 Jesus okays beating slaves.

If you knew Christ, you would KNOW... that such "beating" is not literal. The statement is rhetorical and one doesn't even need to know Christ to know that. In light of the entire account, common sense should tell one that. Unfortunately, all of the "fear-mongering" perpetuated by religion... which uses the Bible to back it up... had led to this. But one shouldn't look to the Bible to know Christ - one should look to CHRIST... to understand those things the Bible purports to say about HIM.

Sorry, folks, but you don't get to accuse my Lord (the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah))... falsely... without response at SOME point. True loyalty dictates that nothing less occur.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ, and part of HIS "family", so...

SA

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Yes, the swine died. Ummmm... there were GOING to die ANYWAY - they were going to be slaughtered... and not just for food (their hides were used for a great many things, as well, during those times).

*shudders and leaves thread as have nothing of any use to say*

Peace

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sorry, dear W'Sprout (the greatest of love and peace to you!). As we've discussed before, the truth isn't always "pretty"...

Sorry, luv... and, again, peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ...

SA, who thinks the demise chosen by our Lord was more merciful that the alternative...

• watersprout
    watersprout
    SA, who thinks the demise chosen by our Lord was more merciful that the alternative...

Trust me Shelby (the greatest love and peace to you) I totally agree! It was much more merciful... The alternative was non negotiable.

It's just hard for me to ''hear'' about anything (human, animal, sea creature, insect, although I do make an exception for wasps lol) dying or suffering... I should live in a place where the fairies dance, the elves sing and everything/one is happy... *Sigh*

Peace my sister and you have nothing to apologise for.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I should live in a place where the fairies dance, the elves sing and everything/one is happy...

All in good time, my dear sister... all in good time! Although, you might have to exchange angels for fairies... and "24 elders" and "living creatures" for elves (but they sing, too, so...).

But everyone is anticipated to be happy - LOLOLOLOL!

Peace, chile!

SA, on her own...

• watersprout
    watersprout
    All in good time, my dear sister... all in good time! Although, you might have to exchange angels for fairies... and "24 elders" and "living creatures" for elves (but they sing, too, so...).

You made me smile! I haven't smiled at all today! Sounds like my kinda place lol!

As long as animals are loved and treasured, humans give and receive that love freely I will be extremely happy...

Check your pm's in a minute i'm sending you one. :)

Peace my sister

• watersprout
    watersprout

Sent you a pm Shelby :)

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit