Just dropped the laptop, speakers not working.....can you help?

by Pams girl 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I dropped the laptop a few weeks ago, and when I went to play some music from my favourites list, it was slow and distorted. I just dropped it again (it was balanced on the arm of the chair) and have noticed that everything requiring sound, all videos, youtube, everything, isnt playing properly...I can hear the sound, but its like its underwater, disjointed, it stops, freezes, starts slowly........oh dear Im in soooooo much trouble with hubby.

Question.......is my laptop buggered completely, or is this type of problem fixable? (not separate speakers, they are inside laptop if you get me) Sounds all "chewed up" kinda noise

Clumsy Paula

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What's the sound like if you connect headphones?

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

No headphones unky punk... Its buggered isnt it....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Dunno. All things can be fixed. either a trip to PC world...or.....claim on the house insurance if you have the 'accidental damage' section under contents.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks, will take to PC world I think (cant afford house insurance, barely afford bloody gas bills!)

Cheers

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

OK NP x

• mummatron
    mummatron

Don't take it to PC World when you have an apostate friend who's more qualified than those Muppets. I'll bring me screwdrivers with me tomorrow. :)

• mummatron
    mummatron

PM me the make & model. I've got a few dead craptops here that I may be able to cannibalise for replacement speaker parts.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Such a worldwide loving brother/sisterhood! Where else would we go?

How happifying!

• still thinking
    still thinking

Awwww....I just love happy endings....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit