New layout feels very chaotic

by EndofMysteries 31 Replies latest forum suggestions

• jhine
    jhine

Oubliette , I just found clicking on my name at the top next to where the envelope is , does give that function of finding topics started and posted on . I'm sure I tried that a few days ago , but anyway having tried it again just it works . 

I'm still not sure how to start new pm s  . 

Jan 

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Hi Jan,

Click on the avatar of the person you want to PM.

You'll see 'so many posts' in 'so many topics' and then 'Message.'

Click on 'Message.'

And away you go.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin
    First, I absolutely appreciate Simon's tireless work creating and maintaining this forum. But I'm finding it a little disorienting.  I liked the grid lines from before, and found it easier to see in a glance how many pages, views, etc.  Sorry I'm not being more specific.
  • J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Couldn't there just be the thread topic shown rather than the topic and lines of text??

It so congested because you have to view the content along with the topic.

• coalize
    coalize
    Couldn't there just be the thread topic shown rather than the topic and lines of text??

J-DUBBED, for that, you just have to select "none" in the "snippet" part at the top right of the list of topic

• pixel
    pixel
    Definitively more contrast would be welcome. (Darker vs. Lighter items).
  • Simon
    Simon
    Thanks for the feedback. I've already done some work for a theme mechanism - I'll look at adding some options to chose how things are displayed and add more visible odd / even coloring to demarcate things a little more.
  • pixel
    pixel
    Make it more like the jw dot org website. Lol. Nevermind. Great work!
  • Simon
    Simon
    Make it more like the jw dot org website. Lol.

Maybe I can write to them and suggest we become the official online community, he he he - d'ya think it would fly? 

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

J-DUBBED, for that, you just have to select "none" in the "snippet" part at the top right of the list of topic

Wow that worked................Never new of such a thing. Now I sort of now what a "Snippet" is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit