YouTube: Jehovah's Witnesses: Forever

by leavingwt 12 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I enjoyed this video, by an ex-JW. It reminds me of all the people that many of us had to leave behind to break free of the WT. I remain hopeful that many will continue to awaken and abandon the apocalyptic culture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZiA7jfCSQc

• sizemik
    sizemik
    It reminds me of all the people that many of us had to leave behind

Yes it did . . . and while I enjoyed the video . . . it left me feeling an empty kind of sadness.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

sizemik: Yes, the video may produce sadness and negative emotions. When I said I 'liked' it, I didn't mean to imply that it was uplifting.

• Violia
    Violia

It was every jws I ever knew, sad really, sad.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

That's jwfairytale. He is def worth watching. He had a whole series that got false flagged, and he is putting more up. He definately has things to say, and a unique style in saying them.

• man in black
    man in black

yes I agree with the other posts here,,, I have an empty / sad feeling after watching this.

• sizemik
    sizemik

LWT . . . thanks for posting it.

Reminders of the melancholy kind are healthy too . . . we can't just forget people

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Thanks for posting LWT.

It's kind of weird now thinking about how in the past, I would look at pictures and see ones "that left Jehovah". I wondered how they were and remembered the good times we had together. Pictures can bring back some good memories, and yet at the same time, also cause pain.

Now, with me somewhat being on the other side, I think to myself how some of the people "still serving Jehovah", despite us having shared great times and being able to share fond memories of them, may no longer speak to me since I'm slowly "leaving Jehovah".

Hey, their loss. I no longer feel guilted into doing something just to be an associate of somebody.

CoC

• metaspy
    metaspy

The lady in the very first pic reminds me of Lorraine from "Back to the Future".

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Great link, leavingwt. Everyone thinks that exJws are heartless, boy does this every debunk that.

On a lighter note, I couldn't stop thinking about Napoleon Dynamite while watching this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit