What Do You Wish You Had Again From The Good Old Days?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I wish I could go back to the days when gas was a cheap 26 cents per gallon and people didn't HAVE to lock their doors at night.

Is there anything you miss about the good old days??

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

I miss being able to carry my six-shooter into the saloon.

• man in black
    man in black

time to go back and actually go to college FT like I wanted to

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Black Plague..

I miss the wagons going by..With the drivers yelling..

"Bring out Your Dead!"

http://www.indolentindio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/bringout.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I miss having the ability to eat as much as I want and not gain a pound. I was a buck-80 in high school, after graduation, I hit the weights, bulked up nicely at a good 210-215. Nowadays I find myself struggling to maintain my weight at the 240 lb mark. Part of its the drinking, and I wish I didn't thirst for alcohol like I do nowadays. I never drank like I do now.

One thing I miss from the old days was, not knowing that this religion is a fraud. It was easier to be a JW while not being aware I was duped. Ahhhhhh the good ol days.............

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Being young, fresh, full of hope and excited at the wonder of being alive.

It's a sobering though to remember that the 'good old days' were formally known as 'those trying times.'

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Pop used to be 10 cents..

It came in a bottle not a can..

Christmas Trees were made of Wood..

Just like the WBT$ GB`s Heads..

• minimus
    minimus

Do you remember "penny candy"?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Do you remember "penny candy"?

Yes..

It only Cost a penny..

Till the Communists took over..

"Goddam Candy Communists!"

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/71079_113077608714016_6258966_n.jpg

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

NOSTALGIA RULES OK.....

When you went to the local record shop on a Saturday morning with £1 pocket money any could buy at least three 45rpm records and come home drive your Mum nuts with them played on your little Dansette record player.

When a bar of chocolate could be had for 6d (old money).....When the radio stations played the music that you liked to hear...

When all you had to worry about was how to get your homework done before you went to the football.

I guess I mean the days when we had youth , strength and when life stretched before us. If you were a dub, that life was to be endless....so nothing really mattered because time was endless and could not be lost. It is all too late when one realises that instead of eternity one has only the proverbial "threescore years and ten" and three-quarters of them are gone forever......

So yes, bring back the joys of youth but PLEASE let me have the knowledge that I have now, or I would make the same mistakes all again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit