Do you get a letter when you are disfellowshipped?

by Snoozy 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Just curious, do they give you any kind of documentation? Is it all just by word? Surely they would have to give you something?

Just wondering..

If so does it have the accusations and punishment of shunning written on it?

Wouldn't this be the legal way to do it?

If not could you request something in writing..?

Just wondering..

Snoozy

ps..I sent a letter of resignation to them and got a formal letter back saying , we hope you reconsider. Period. I threw it away..should have saved it and framed it..

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I never got one.

• dm6
    dm6

iF YOU ARE DISFELLOWSHIPPED YOU MAY OR MAY NOT GET A LETTER.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A scarlett letter.

• Violia
    Violia

I knew a "case" of an elder who just walked away and they were never able to catch him on anything and finally they were able to piece together something and to make sure he knew they had "got him" they sent him a registered letter so he would know he had been DA. they were hoping he'd reply but he did not. I think it just varies with the boe and how much they hate you and want to get even.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Usually they prefer to notify you verbally. Better to have nothing in writing.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

DOC, I was thinking the same thing. Funny when I later wrote them and asked for a copy of my resignation letter they told me it was their property now.

Snoozy

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

"I think it just varies with the boe and how much they hate you and want to get even." <--which is always cloaked in protecting the congregation.

because we know the witnesses are just so pure and free from vindictive behavior.

• nugget
    nugget

We got letters I think but I refused to open them. It was my decision not to go back so I had no reason to read them. Shreded and binned.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The Society will definitely receive a letter. You may not ever hear anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit