Urine Therapy?

by serenitynow! 16 Replies latest social current

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I just read this story about a dude that "washes" himself in his urine! Evidently, there is something called urine therapy. Now he's all shocked because he got fired. This makes my co-workers seem normal by comparison!

How would you like to work with this guy?

http://news.yahoo.com/man-fired-washing-himself-own-urine-133318223.html

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

That's crazy, I know Manny Pacquiao drinks his own urine to replenish any lost nutrients right after training for a fight. Washing oneself in urine though, sheesh..........

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

In his defense, urine is sterile, so there is no health risk to his coworkers. But, dousing his face with his own urine? That's just sick and puts professional dominatrices out of work. I guess he was fired for being a "potty mouth".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Many years ago I overheard one J W "sister" telling another that this marvellous health book advocated the drinking of urine - and that she should try it!

I could not believe my ears and thought that I must have heard it wrong......But later on, when the internet arrived I found out that this is indeed what some advocate ....YUK

http://www.skepdic.com/urine.html

• wobble
    wobble

He can have some of mine to wash in if he likes, or would that be taking the piss ?

• designs
    designs

Telling someone to go Piss Off takes on a whole new meaning

• mummatron
    mummatron

Urea is found in many creams and ointments, particularly in ones for dry skin and excema. Where do you think the urea in those creams comes from?

Urine is just a by-product of blood filtration. The real nasty stuff goes into a bowel movement. Other by-products of blood are breastmilk and plasma, both of which have therapeutic properties. For example, if a baby develops a sticky eye or conjunctivitis, a midwife will recommend treatment of cleaning the eye with either breastmilk or urine!

• recovering
    recovering

drinking one's urine is not good for you. It is filled with the toxins that the kidneys have filtered out of your blood stream.

• wasblind
    wasblind

My question is , how can expelled waste be good for the body????

would he still use his urine, if he had a urinary infection ??? Ewww

• mummatron
    mummatron
    drinking one's urine is not good for you. It is filled with the toxins that the kidneys have filtered out of your blood stream.
    My question is , how can expelled waste be good for the body????
    would he still use his urine, if he had a urinary infection ??? Ewww

There is normally very little toxic waste in urine. As wontleave already mentioned, the urine of a HEALTHY person is STERILE. Toxic substances are indication of serious disease or infection. So I'm sure that knowing this, that particular guy wouldn't use his urine in the event of a UTI.

Just think, urine is very similar in make-up to amniotic fluid. As babies in your mothers' wombs you urinated into the amniotic fluid and drank that very same fluid. Thus every single person on this planet will have drank their own pee!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine - I suggest reading this to clear up some of the misconceptions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit