To Adam: A list of influential immigrants...

by DanielHaase 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Utopian

No matter how upscale, how clean, how educated, how friendly, how patriotic a family of color can be, it is not enough to convince WASPS to inter-mingle.

So, no matter how much families of color try to integrate, they will eventually find themselves living in a ghetto all over again, despite having left it behind.

If it's so clean, upscale and friendly, then it's not a ghetto, is it?

SS

• cellomould
    cellomould

Buddha,

yes. Do you think you know me?

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Thx alot Cellumod!

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Listen Falsus Inferno:

Perhaps I forgot to mention in my post that I wasn't posting the entire contents of the book to elaborate all details to the finite level!.

Now, where the ghetto definition comes in is simple. How long does a nice neighborhood last when property "owners" abandon and gentrified investors take over and begin converting homes into apartments?

It's an old tactic and vicious cycle. Abandon the neighborhood because minorities move in, watch it degrade due to poverty, absentee landlords/slumlords, then when values hit rock bottom, come back and "gentrify" the area under the guise of being liberal WASPS not afraid to move into the inner city!

Once they move back the real gentrification begins! Taking over neighborhood community groups, forming new groups and coalitions and then running for office in that district to secure more power. Soon, even the ghetto isn't free anymore if you're black, asian or hispanic.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Utopian

Yes, that is used, but not just with blacks and asians. The condition of the nieghborhood still depends on the character of the people living in it. I have lived in apts most of my life. The building i'm in now isn't that hot, but we don't let it turn into a pigsty.

SS

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

Cellomould..

I think I do know you..
    Did you ever attend any
    of the Long Beach Cong.
    or the Lamert assembly?

• Beans
    Beans

Canada:
    -Mike Meyers