Let's Face It - There Has NEVER Been a PARADISE - And There Never Will Be

by sizemik 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sizemik
    sizemik

There exists an archaeological site in South- East Turkey called Gobekli Tepe, which is dated at close to 12,000 years old . . . pre-dating the Biblical account of the creation of man by at least 6,000 years. The site is notable for it's religious temples, built by people with only simple rudimentary tools etc. Because of the artistic depictions relating to fauna and flora of the time, archaeologists believe this site was developed by ancient humans during their hunter-gatherer phase prior to the development of pasturalisation. The environment would have been particularly lush and productive . . . teeming with enough resources to support a large hunter-gatherer population during the inhabitation and construction of this site . . . much like a "Garden of Eden". The location also closely matches the Biblical description.

You can read an interesting article about the site here . . .

http://www.archaeology.org/0811/abstracts/turkey.html

And some interesting characteristics of the site here . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1157784/Do-mysterious-stones-mark-site-Garden-Eden.html

This early "civilisation" was in all liklihood abandoned due to population pressures and the eventual pasturalisation of the land. The change this brought to the environment would have eventually altered it's nature through over-use and over-grazing of "domesticated" animals, leeching it of it's cycle of nutrients and eventually reducing it to yeilding "thorns and thistles". Pasturalisation and farming of the area would have led to a harsher lifestyle and eventual abandonment. Greater competition for resources would give rise to increasing conflict during this period.

Added into the equation is the climatic conditions that would have existed around that period. The holocene glacial retreat began about 14,000 years ago. During the earlier parts of the ice-melt phase, large lakes and seas would have formed and re-formed giving rise to vast and cataclysmic flooding. Earth temperatures continued to rise until around 7,000 years ago when they reached their inter-ice-age peak. During this part of the holocene period, average temperatures were about 1-2 degrees warmer than today.

There's a good concise article on the Earths climatic history here . . .

http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundamentals/7x.html

It get's interesting when we introduce the description from the Bible along with other ancient masoretic writings. Ancient Mesopotamian and Mid-Eastern archeological writings add plenty to the picture. The lack of scientific insight into natural phenomena gave rise to the attribution of local and global climatic changes, and subsequent levels of prosperity, to supernatural entities . . . Gods.

It is reasonable to conclude that the period of abundance that the population inhabiting the site at Gobekli Tepe enjoyed, and subsequently abandoned, was carried on through folklore (as did the incidence of cataclysmic flooding). The loss of prosperity from simple gathering (Adam and Eve style), that led to the harsher pastoralisation, glacial flooding, and the increase in conflict, would likely have been attributed to divine intervention/punishment, and been the object of appeasement and sacrifice.

The Earth may well produce more productive conditions in the future, as the cosmological cycles continue to bring periods of warmer and colder conditions. But the natural history of man as we know it thus far, provides a reasonable and understandable picture, of the ancient perceptions of a paradisaical "Garden of Eden" once lost . . . as well as the cataclysmic flooding of the period. Any scientific concept of a future "paradise" must be viewed within these same parameters.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

"Never" is kind of a strong word bro.

Light, and therefore time, moves around in a circle, but it also spirals upwards. The way I understand it, with each cosmic day of 26,000 years, we can look back and observe quantum leaps in evolution, as we evolve upward, ascending in frequency, so that we never quite comeback to the same point. Otherwise, we would be stuck in an endless loop of cataclysms without ever making any progress. If that's the case, I see no reason why this earth cannot evolve into a fifth-dimension Utopia with crystal blue mountains as it is described by shamans and other hallucinators

• sizemik
    sizemik

The only exclusion to "never" would require a quantum leap beyond the endless cycle that exists to date. So the use of "never" lies within the same parameters . . . rather than as an absolute. The endless cycle takes place with neither malevolence nor benevolence . . . and human evolution will take place subject to it, rather than apart from it IMO.

Perhaps prudence would have prompted me to include the word "probably" . . . I would love to stand corrected if such a leap takes place.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

sizemik: we will get the holodeck! that is paradise! if only star trek had been rated x!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Speaking of holodeck, I'm reminded of the Bruce Willis film Surrogates. I am afraid that if such technologies became available BILLIONS of people would enter the matrix willingly and never come out again.

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Lets face it sizemik. In lieu of the evidence you presented, I think it boils down to this: One persons hell is another persons paradise. Or vise-versa. Thanks for the info, though. peacetoyou paulnotsaul

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Hey sizemik. This is also in a NatGeo magazine.

Anyways, I question the validity of these datings. How do we know how accurate archaeologists' datings are?

• sizemik
    sizemik
    How do we know how accurate archaeologists' datings are?

Get a science degree like they did?

• shamus100
    shamus100

You can make your life right now paradise, or hell. It's your choice. ;) Maybe that is what they were getting at, no?

I thuroughly believe people make their own lives hell to a large extent.

• talesin
    talesin

Sorry, couldn't help myself ....

Paradise, Nova Scotia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Paradise, Nova Scotia is located in Nova Scotia {{{alt}}} Paradise in Nova Scotia

Paradise is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County.

/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit