Outline - elders meeting with pioneers

by naeuca 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• naeuca
    naeuca

Hello, 

If you happen to have the outline for this years annual pioneer meeting with elders can you please copy and paste to me in reply or send me the link I'm PDF please. 

thank you very much know advance! 

Naeuca

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Here it is - hope formatting is OK

S-211-15-E 12/14
    ELDERS MEET WITH REGULAR PIONEERS, SPECIAL PIONEERS, AND FIELD MISSIONARIES
    PROGRAM FOR DECEMBER 2014 THROUGH JANUARY 2015
    Note to the elders:
    This meeting is to be conducted in December or January by two elders selected by the body of elders. Other elders may attend. The meeting should be positive, practical, and encouraging. Al-low those in attendance to comment freely on the questions posed. Supplemental questions may be used as needed and as time allows

Theme: “Stir Up Like a Fire the Gift of God” (2Ti 1:6)
    APPRECIATE AND USE YOUR SPIRITUAL GIFTS (5 min.)
    Paul encouraged Timothy to “stir up like a fire the gift of God” that was in him [Read 2 Timothy 1:6]
    The word “gift” here is translated from the Greek word kharisma. From the Scriptural stand-point, kharisma is a gift received thanks to God’s undeserved kindness (w98 2/15 24-26)
    In the case of Timothy, the “gift” referred to at 2 Timothy 1:6 involved some special service in the congregation. He had to “stir up like a fire” this gift by being diligent in his assignment
    You have spiritual gifts to share with others, both inside and outside the congregation. These gifts are related to your service privileges and your opportunities to help others. Appreciation for such gifts should motivate you to “stir up like a fire,” or exert yourself, to do your very best
    What are some of your spiritual gifts?
    “STIR UP LIKE A FIRE” THE GIFT OF FULL-TIME SERVICE (15 min.)
    Your gift of full-time service should not be neglected
    Cherishing this gift requires self-examination
    [Read 1 Timothy 4:13, 16]
    Question: In what practical ways can full-time servants apply this admonition?
    [Read 2 Timothy 4:2]
    Questions: Why is it important to cultivate the art of teaching? In what practical ways can full-time servants apply this admonition? (w08 1/15 8-12)
    Jehovah helped Elijah “stir up like a fire” his service privileges despite discouragement
    After Queen Jezebel learned of Elijah’s role in the execution of 450 Baal prophets, she threat-ened him with death (ia 101 par. 6)
    When Elijah became fearful, Jehovah strengthened him (ia 103 pars. 13-14)
    Today we experience difficult situations [Mention some examples that apply locally]
    Prayer and meditation on God’s Word can help us “stir up like a fire,” or put our heart and ener-gy into, our ministry despite difficulties (Lu 11:9-13; ia 104 par. 16)
    Question: How have you felt Jehovah’s strength in dealing with a stressful situation? (Ro 15:4)
    “STIR UP LIKE A FIRE” THE PRIVILEGE TO BUILD FAITH IN OTHERS (20 min.)
    Both in the congregation and in the ministry, be alert to build others’ faith
    Violence, economic problems, and poor health affect many
    Love for others will motivate us to encourage them
    [Read Romans 1:11, 12]
    Questions: What is the spiritual gift mentioned here? How can we use this spiritual gift? (w98 2/15 26-27)

S-211-15-E 12/14—Page 2
    [Read Philippians 2:1-4]
    Question: Why is it not helpful to compare the service of one publisher with that of another? (w13 8/15 21 par. 12)
    Giving a fellow believer commendation can have a lasting, positive effect
    [Relate the experiences mentioned in the August 15, 2013, issue of The Watchtower, page 21, paragraphs 10 and 11]
    Questions: Have you seen the good effects of kindly encouraging others? How has their faith been built up?
    It is also appropriate to encourage ones whom we meet in our ministry
    The proper attitude is needed (w00 7/1 11-12 pars. 12-15)
    Why do we preach?
    We desire to praise Jehovah and sanctify his name (Ps 145:10-12; Mt 6:9)
    We love people (Mr 6:34)
    We view each fellow human as a potential brother or sister (Ac 13:48; 2Ti 2:25)
    [Read 2 Timothy 1:7, 8]
    Questions: To what lengths did Paul go in order to build faith in others? What do we learn from that? (w06 10/1 22 pars. 7-9)
    TREASURE THE GIFT OF EVERLASTING LIFE (15 min.)
    The gift of everlasting life should be treasured and shared [Read Romans 6:23]
    Look for more opportunities to share the good news
    Do not neglect preaching from house to house
    [Read Acts 5:42]
    Question: What benefits do we receive when we share in the house-to-house work?
    It may be necessary to adjust the time when we engage in this activity if we are having dif-ficulty finding people at home (km 6/13 1)
    Be alert to adapt your presentation according to the needs of the territory (1Co 9:20-23)
    Participate in public witnessing
    [Read Proverbs 1:20, 21]
    Question: What opportunities are available in territories that lend themselves to public witnessing? [If the congregation has an arrangement for public witnessing, ask the au-dience to relate encouraging experiences in this activity]
    Seek opportunities to witness informally
    Boldness is required; prayer will help us to have such boldness (Ac 4:29, 31)
    [Read John 4:6, 7, 25, 26]
    Questions: What do we learn from how Jesus dealt with the Samaritan woman? How can we be prepared to witness informally?
    [Ask for experiences of witnessing informally to (1) a business owner, (2) a fellow traveler, and (3) a non-Witness family member]
    Since lives are involved, we should seek every opportunity to share the gift of everlasting life (1Ti 4:16)
    “STIR UP LIKE A FIRE” YOUR SPIRITUAL GIFTS (5 min.)
    Thanks to Jehovah’s undeserved kindness, we have many spiritual gifts to share with others [Sum-marize the three gifts discussed in this outline]
    Having these gifts is no reason to boast (1Co 4:7)
    [Read 1 Peter 4:10, 11]
    Question: What responsibility do we have in connection with any spiritual gifts we have re-ceived?
    In Israelite homes, fires were often just glowing coals
    The coals could be stirred up to produce flames and more heat
    Similarly, all of us need to put our heart and energy into our assignments, ‘stirring up like a fire’ any spiritual gifts we have received
    Our example will have a positive effect on the congregation and will help others to appreciate their spiritual gifts and their spiritual need more fully (Mt 5:3; 1Th 5:11)
    S-211-15-E 12/14—Page 3 TO BE COVERED IN 60 MINUTES

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Saltheart:

You have a pm!

Thanks!

Atlantis!

• Honesty
    Honesty

If the pioneers had the Holy Spirit they wouldn't need all this BS:

Question: Why is it not helpful to compare the service of one publisher with that of another? (w13 8/15 21 par. 12)
    Giving a fellow believer commendation can have a lasting, positive effect
    [Relate the experiences mentioned in the August 15, 2013, issue of The Watchtower, page 21, paragraphs 10 and 11]
    Questions: Have you seen the good effects of kindly encouraging others? How has their faith been built up?
    It is also appropriate to encourage ones whom we meet in our ministry
    The proper attitude is needed (w00 7/1 11-12 pars. 12-15)
    Why do we preach?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If the pioneers had the Holy Spirit they wouldn't need all this BS

Indeed. If we had to be so explicitly told that pioneering, serving in bethel, serving as MS/elder, and being single were such valuable gifts, are they really "gifts"? Of course not. Those gifts had so many strings attached that when I unloaded them, I felt such relief. And the "gift" of everlasting life? Living in a world full of JWs would be the 'gift' of hell. A gift earned by a lifetime of slavery to Watchtower, Inc.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Cult recruitment 101.
  • naeuca
    naeuca

Saltheart

much appreciated

many thanks!! 

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

If the pioneers had the Holy Spirit they wouldn't need all this BS.  

Exactly. Interesting how often times the publishers and sometimes others without titles display kindness and give encouragement without being explicitly told to do so by WT.                                       

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Huh. Typical Bait & Switch.  They start by saying an elder can do much to help others, but then quickly define that as being "spiritual help & spiritual gifts". God forbid they ever do anything practical or truly charitable for anyone. 

JWs are the kind of people who, if portrayed in the Good Samaritan story, would lay a magazine or tract beside the beaten man on the road, then step over him and continue on their way, all the while thinking that they had done a very great & compassionate  thing indeed. 

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam
    I like to look up the meaning to words that I am not quite sure of the definition.  I know the general gist of what charisma is, but after seeing what was written as a definition by the society for kharisma, I thought I would check it out.  I first searched for the spelling that the society used, but it changed it to "charisma" each time I searched.  What I found was VERY interesting...
    This is the society's version, which is spelled Kharisma: "The word “gift” here is translated from the Greek word kharisma. From the Scriptural stand-point, kharisma is a gift received thanks to God’s undeserved kindness (w98 2/15 24-26)"
    This is the definition that I found via The Free Dictionary online:

cha·ris·ma

(kə-rĭz′mə)
    n. pl. cha·ris·ma·ta (-mə-tə)
    a. rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm.

b. Personal magnetism or charm: television news program famed for the charisma of its anchors.

2. also char·ism (kăr′ĭz′əm) Christianity An extraordinary power, such as the ability to perform miracles, granted by the Holy Spirit.

[Greek kharismadivine favor, from kharizesthaito favor, from kharisfavor; see gher-2 in Indo-European roots.]

Note that the Greek meaning for "kharisma" is divine favor.  Maybe I need to do more research on the word, but it looks to me as if the meaning in the dictionary does not match the meaning given by the society.  It really should not surprise me, yet it does.

SO pioneers are considered leaders according to the definition cited here.  They arouse fervent popular devotion, and have extraordinary powers that are granted by the holy spirit, or according to the society a gift received, thank to God's undeserved kindness.  And are also in divine favor, according to the greek meaning.

Anyone have additional thoughts on this?  Would love to hear someone else's input on this.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit