How the Internet saved my life

by AK - Jeff 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Before I could say anything, my dear wife stated to me, "You don't have to THINK ABOUT it any longer. I have ordered them. I WANT to know what he has to say. You can read them or you can ignore them, whatever you want to do. I am reading them."

After reading that I couldn't hold back the tears despite the fact that I am a 71 year old man. You are both fortunate.

Len

• ziddina
    ziddina

As Bizzy Bee did, I also left before the internet became popular and/or easy to use...

But even though I had been 'out' for over two decades, it was still quite an awakening to find this site.

So many things that I had been puzzled by, were cleared up when I started reading on this site.

Of course, I also became addicted to the fun smileys and gifs I can use here!!

Zid

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

You know, Len, that those two books, CoC and ISoCF might be the only two non-Jw books that would cross-reference to both my wife's and my own reading lists. She reads lots of fiction, I read almost nothing but non-fiction. You could name the novels that I have read, and the non-fiction she has read on one hand.

You are right that we are very fortunate to have left simultaneously. Funny that. I always knew it HAD to be that way for us. We have always read each other without words. For THAT gift, I must thank the Watchtower, for otherwise I would have been without her.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit