Letter Regarding Discussing Scriptural Matters With Disfellowshipped Ones

by Bangalore 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Letter Regarding Discussing Scriptural Matters With Disfellowshipped Ones.

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• still thinking
    still thinking

Someone better bring this to DJeggnoggs attention...asap...he could be getting damaged...spiritually

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

He'd say the letter came from London "branch" and not "mothers teet" at NY headquarters... So it had no merit. Or it is a lie and and a fake...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Strewth maties...that letter............! It has an angry, austere if not abrasive and threatening feel to it.

''Don't bother us....bother an Elder. Why don't you read the publications you idiot!''

It's a 'put up or shut up' letter.

• irondork
    irondork

I don't know what makes me weep more:

That people who disassociated themselves for no longer believing in the church and people who were disfellowshipped for extremely benign things are being cast in the same lot with "with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner" (1 Cor 5:11) or the "anti-christ" ( 2 John)...

OR

That so many people fall for the reasoning on these scriptures to shun innocent people and destroy lives, families, etc... OR That I used to be one of the rank and file who genuinely believed and would have defended that policy and mindset to my death and participated in the abuse of others in accordance with my programing.
  • Diest
    Diest

OOO that 'Sweet fellowship of the brothers' can you taste it? LOL

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Sounds like a wonderful organization with nothing to hide.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Amen Irondork. I have a sibling that I ignored for years because of the disfellowshipping decree. After years of being treated this way, this sibling now wants nothing to do with me. :( It truly is heartbreaking.

What I wonder is.....JW's treat somebody that is disfellowshipped for actually denying the Christ the exact same way they do someone that committed a regrettable act of fornication and was repentant but was DF'd anyway. The denier of Christ could be out worshipping Satan somewhere and setting off car bombs while the humble person that engaged in fornication is sorry for his actions and is front and center at every meeting. According to a witness.....there is no difference between those two people. They are both to be shunned the SAME EXACT WAY.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Jesus hearers well knew that the Jews of that day had no fraternization with Gentiles and that they shunned tax collectors as outcasts. Jesus was thus instructing his followers not to associate with expelled ones"

Well, the Jews might not have had anything to do with them, but Jesus sure did! and is he not the example?

Mark 2 -15 - 17 NWT

15 Later he happened to be reclining at the table in his house, and many tax collectors and sinners were reclining with Jesus and his disciples, for there were many of them and they began following him. 16 But the scribes of the Pharisees, when they saw he was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, began saying to his disciples: “Does he eat with the tax collectors and sinners?” 17 Upon hearing this Jesus said to them: “Those who are strong do not need a physician, but those who are ill do. I came to call, not righteous people, but sinners.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit