No longer a need for a mediator?

by ianao 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mommy
    mommy

Wanna hear a secret?
    For years I just KNEW I was supposed to partake. When they passed the wine, the last year attending, I cried. Then came the bread, My body ached to eat it.
    What this means I have NO idea:) But please don't laugh! This is how I felt in my heart.
    Why would I want to live on this earth,even if it was perfect? I longed to be in "heaven" absorbing all the knowledge of those there. And finally finding the TRUTH.
    wendy

• ianao
    ianao

Edited by - ianao on 10 January 2001 16:46:23

• logical
    logical

this seed thing and the 144,000 has me confused

Genesis 22:17-18 reads:
    17 I shall surely bless you and I shall surely multiply your seed like the stars of the heavens and like the grains of sand that are on the seashore; and your seed will take possession of the gate of his enemies
    18 And by means of your seed all nations of the earth will certainly bless themselves due to the fact you have listened to my voice'

Maybe im missing something very obvious here... but i've highlighted the bits that stick out.

There are a lot more than 144,000 stars and grains of sand...

I think the Watch Tower have sucessfully fulfilled 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

They have mis-applied scriptures and caused an apostasy. Im sure that God doesnt want a group of imperfect people as a mediator between us and the mediator who is already there.

And in the Genesis scripture, it also doesnt say anything about different types of blessings the seed will bring.

It doesnt make sense to me, but then again a lot of Watch Tower material is making less and less sense the more I study it

Edited by - logical on 10 January 2001 14:21:47

• larc
    larc

Hey Ianao,

Did you rear about the two guys in the woods who came across a bear? One guy asked the other what he was gonna do. He said he was gonna run. The other guy said, "you can't out run that bear." The other guy answered back, "I don't have to, all I gotta do is out run you." You sound like the guy whose going to come in second place to the mean old bear. Don't worry the bear ain't gonna eat you up.

Works - Running. Faith - The bear is nice.

• mommy
    mommy

Ianao,
    Don't be sad.In my head I don't have a "picture" of heaven. I don't sit and dream of wonderful things. I believe that "heaven" is the END, and a place we will get all of our questions answered. Just accepting the fact that I will go SOMEWHERE eases my mind.
    Personally what is your view of where you are going? You don't have to answer here if you don't want.

I REGRET that to this very day.

Forgive yourself of the past:) It is easier looking in the mirror to brush your teeth:)
    wendy

• larc
    larc

Hey Logical,

Welcome back, haven't heard from you for awhile, how's it going.

I was wondering if you might get a chance to meet the guy who lives near you who wrote all that good stuff. I think that he would really be interesting to talk to.

Don't be a stranger.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Wendy,
    My husband and I do believe in a future. But it isn't heaven or what the witnesses teach. If you would like to email privately it would be nice to share.
    I agree, it is nice to think there is something.
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Wendy,
    BTW, I promise no preaching just sharing. Don't believe in the other.
    TW
    Just don't want to crowd up the forum.

• ianao
    ianao

Wendy, please check your e-mail. I have responded to your question.

Also, please keep yourself from idols.........

-ianao

• ianao
    ianao

. DELETED

Sorry to bother you all, forgot that you were not guidance counselors.

Edited by - ianao on 10 January 2001 16:50:1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit