Hello

by Coxy1970 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Coxy1970
    Coxy1970

Is your family still "in?" How did they react?

No, they don't go any more. At the time they tried to insist I still went along but I dug my heels in and they accepted. A lot of families I know threw their kids out when they stopped going but my folks were better than that I guess. My dad was an elder as well.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome Coxy . . . nice to have you aboard.

"Milton Keynes" . . . rings a bell. Isn't that where that crazy bikini clad "sister" had a stoush with the school on her boundary?

Nice to hear the family woke up as well . . . did your exit cause them to question?

• Coxy1970
    Coxy1970

No, I think they slowly drifted away over the following 15 years.

Bikini clad sister? I don't know anything about that. The only thing I remember is a sister got in trouble because she entered Miss Milton keynes and it was sponsored by a tobacco brand. That was in the local paper but that was in the early 80s. i think she may have one a bikini..... she was very nice looking as well.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Well . . . nice that they're free of that mess anyway . . .

Not that it's important or anything, but since you're local . . . here's the article (just click on the link)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/214075/1/Pregnant-Jehovah-Witness-in-bikini-protest

• Coxy1970
    Coxy1970

Interesting story. She sounds totally off her head! Do the JWs really want to be asocciated with someone like that?

• sizemik
    sizemik

Actually to be fair . . . there are some nutters around who become JW's . . . I think they distanced themselves pretty quickly from this one. But it still didn't make for great exposure for them . . . just thought you might have heard something at the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit