The Religion Business — Watchtower is no exception

by Marvin Shilmer 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

The Religion Business — Watchtower is no exception

Today I loaded a new article to my blog. It comments on the roots and products of the religion business. Sometimes a picture has to be drawn for folks to believe it.

My article is titled The Religion Business — Watchtower is no exception and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/08/religion-business-watchtower-is-no.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• No Room For George
  • clarity
    clarity

Marvin love your stuff.

Hard to grasp that the work of the great Watchtower was/is so primative. Good for a laugh if nothing else!

clarity

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

And the Watchtower Corporation is a commercialized fraud that lures people with religious virtues,

then exploit people to circulate its own published literature further.

Racking in more indentured working slaves, who are made subservient to the organization's hierarchy, along with obtaining money from these people.

What humanistic values can be derived from this blatant organized corruption, established to proliferate litature and empower

these corrupt men, running a publishing house ?

The WTS doctrines were set up to promote and attract attention to the WTS. literature, something that many involved with

organization refuse to realize or accept.

• Violia
    Violia

Just last night after "cops" on local channel 27 there was a church service that offered anointed water and a special tool to help you reach God. The sell was this, you buy this water and you will receive a big check in the mail from God. Many persons spoke of how much they paid for the water and how big the check was. The more you paid for the water, the bigger the check. I noticed they seem to be targeting a certain population as most of the folks who received big checks seem to be from Jamaica and Nigeria.

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

That's what the Governing Body turned it into when they abandoned Prophecy and leadership.

Buncha sheep is all they are now, cowering in the Barn.

Shech-- :(

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

This picture taken years ago tells the story doesn't it ?

The WTS. were really selling an illusionary dream, quite apart from reality as we truly know it to be.

WTS. exploited the bible's words as well as the people who they trapped into believing in them.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Marvin,

You post the most interesting and illuminating items. I've asked before what your method of selection is.

People here mention all the money the WTBTS is making. I am confused and perhaps dense. My father worked in the factory at barely substinstence levels. Were it not a religion, the govt would intervene. A WT or book sold for a very small sum. 50 cents. People did not have money to donate at the hall. I feel you are either churched to donate money or you tend not to do so. An Anglican priest at a very prestigous Manhattan church known for its Social register set told me that the upscale residents donated a total of .50 per person.

Granted that aggregates can make up a lot of money, where is the money coming from? They attract people with simple jobs. Frankly, the collection plate going around every week isn't as annoying as all the requests for money from the platform. Stewardship Sunday is the only time I hear money begging. It takes money to run an org - whether you formally pass a nice plate around or make people feel guilty.

I recall Watergate and follow the money. If I followed the money, how much would I see and what channels would be involved.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Millions pieces of literature and at one time yearly subscriptions all over the globe does add up into profits.

Since there now a general donation policy in place forced by tax laws, there still is a profit based on high volumes.

The other aspect in regarding the WTS. acquired financial assets has to do with real-estate holdings, properties that

were individually donated to the organization or ones which were mortgaged out to the WTS. and then latter on legally

titled to the WTS. with much more appreciable value.

The WTS. holds today more than a billion dollars in real-estate around the world and many more millions cashed into their

bank accounts and financial investments.

Of course the money isn't seen flowing out the GB members pockets or the workers at the branches, but its there and there are people at the

top of this organization who are perfectly aware of it's existence.

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

What's sad is there are no leaders at the top to know what to do with their wealth.

They are not providing sanctuary or respite for the road-weary, sick, widowed or orphaned.

They are not keeping up with astronomical changes the likes of which will flip this planet upside down.

They are not relieving the tired and weary of their burdens.

But they label themselves as "annointed of Jehovah."

This makes me sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit