Has anyone heard about/tried helminthic therapy?

by slimboyfat 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

slim, my autoimmune disease is genetic, inherited from my mother's side of the family. So not a choice for me. I have to admit voluntarily admitting these things in my body goes against my grain. But when I got sick enough from what I do have, I was willing to try meds that had harsh side effects. Chances are much better I will die from the disease than from the treatment at this point. I guess it's a case of being so far down that the only way is up.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

TheClarinetist

Any double-blind studies? None of the studies I see referring to this said anything about a control group.

That is the problem. There have been lots of small scale studies and theoretical work done by interested academics. But large scale double blind trials cost a lot of money and without the prospect of a patentable drugs being produced where is the incentive for large pharmaceuticals to finance it?

This is one small trial with a control group that showed promising results.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0016508505000259

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    But large scale double blind trials cost a lot of money and without the prospect of a patentable drugs being produced where is the incentive for large pharmaceuticals to finance it?

With experimental therapies, you don't do large studies until after you do small ones. That is actually ethical.

Drugs aren't the only patentable things. Therapeutic applications are also patentable. You cannot patent a naturally occuring substance, for example, but you can patent the discovery of an application for that substance, or the method for isolating and purifying it into a therapeutically usable form.

For those of you with autoimmune disorders, I recommend you investigate this substance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit