Watchtower, 2014 and Crooklyn properties

by Alfred 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Alfred
    Alfred

As we approach 2014, the WT appears to be gearing up for what could potentially be the biggest turning point in their 135-year history. This New York Times article talks about a "complicated formula" involving at least two WT properties slated for eventual residential "re-zoning" which will generate significant property tax revenue needed for the Brooklyn Park project...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/nyregion/housing-deal-for-brooklyn-bridge-park-ensures-parks-completion.html?_r=1

If anyone comes across any details of this "complicated formula", please do share...

It appears that 2014 will be a very interesting year...

• jefferyjones
    jefferyjones

It'll be just another day in time. Nothing happens unless Jehovah permits it. So no biggie. Things will change and continue unobstructed like they always do.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

2014 isn't exciting unless the WT says it is.

It hasn't.

The only ones getting excited about 2014 are some ex-members of the cult with some very wishful thinking.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Nothing happens unless Jehovah permits it.

Whatever happens has nothing to do with imaginary being.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The city needs additional funds to run the park. If the Watchtower commercial properties (printing factories) are sold and rezoned as residential the amount of tax the properties will generate will increase and hence help fund the park. Otherwise they will need to build residential properties on some of the land instead, as a way of generating tax revenue.

Under the formula, for every square foot of Watchtower property that is rezoned residential and sold, the building space at Pier 6 would be reduced by 0.30 square feet.

The formula is not complicated. The additional tax from rezoning 1 sq foot of commercial property to residential must make about as much additional tax as selling 0.3 sq foot of new residential property.

The 2014 date is purely coincidental.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I'm gonna be cracking up when 2014 comes.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

So the man government is making jehovah have to move?

jehovah cannot control rezoning?

he's only moving because he's being told to.

strange that jehovah wouldn't use his people to conquer all of crooklyn and give it to them like the land of milk and honey.

so will that building NOW be destroyed at armagedddon since it's going to be worldly? or will it carry some of his "spirit" and care for the new people moving in, converting them to jdub through osmosis?

so many questions. i'll just have to wait on the org so i don't run ahead. i would be wise not to speculate...

• sinis
    sinis

Shit, my bet is we don't even make it that far :) markets and the way of life you have come to enjoy will soon be imploding... WTS will be a figment of the imagination...

• fallen_princess
    fallen_princess

so, they were feeling the squeeze and they formulate a new form of revenue. what will it take for this cult to crumble??

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

sinis - I think you might be right...please do enlarge...what is your vision for whatever's left before 2014?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit