The Problem with the problem

by Terry 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

...those that seemed to have wealth in the Congregation, trying to figure out how they did it. Even elders! How'd they find the time?!?

I think those who did prosper came from two sources. First, those who had already reached a stride in their savings, investments and career preparation (including schooling) who had the momentum to

coast along with minimum hours preaching. (After all, it was only ten per month).

The second group would be those who already had personal wealth as business owners. We had the Hensley family in the DFW area who built mobile homes and had a large factory. Guess who they mostly sold to?

These were rich brothers.

The professional people who got converted, like doctors, salesmen, etc. could actually be used as camouflage to hide the fact JW's were philosophically poverty row chattel.

The hardest hit were born-in's. What chance could they possibly have?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Terry and ATJ..

You did the best,with information you had..

All of us who were raised as JW`s did..

The one thing we have to realize after getting out of the WBT$ is..

We did better than the ones who are still in..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• Perry
    Perry
    The Watchtower cannot restore my youth. I cannot get those years back.

Oh Terry, they stole so much more than your youth from you. They stole your righteous standing (justification) before God :

w.38 p.104,105

33 The Jonadabs, or “other sheep”, are in a different

condition. The Jonadabs have fled to the Lord and

there found refuge. They are still human creatures,

not even justified, because the receiving of life everlasting

depends upon their faithful obedience within God’s organization and faithfully abiding there

Will you allow them to win in the end? Jesus would like to do business with you.

• Violia
    Violia

" He is around the same age as you, Terry, and he, too, was a conscientious objector"

he must have had a minister's deferment or he decided to become a father, b/c the wts did not allow a CO stance at that time nor did they allow community service as an option either. No offense but your family sounds like they knew how to sit on that fence really well, and congrats to them for going ahead and preparing for the future. I also knew elders who were very well off and let their kids go to college and broke a lot of rules that the rest of us peons could not.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Terry, you make some great posts, I always appreciate your broad outlook on things. I hope you are also at peace with yourself, it's so hard to achieve with our mindset. You seem to get it.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

So many people even outside of the organization just don't understand the importance of compounding interest, starting to save early....and what it means for your retirement prospects.

And then you have the organization making problems worse. And you know what the worst part is? What they say isn't reality. Sure....they'll SAY everyone should pay attention to their future needs (while putting their FOCUS on the kingdom of course).....but that isn't the FEELING they give off. I know a ton of witnesses under the age of 40. Very few have retirement accounts. They all think the "end" will be here by then. Now...is the borg telling them they CAN'T have retirement accounts? Of course not. But the borg knows the mentality of their servants. They know very well that witnesses all bank on the "end" coming before they have to retire or before they die. And any reasonable organization would see this problem and address teh seriousness of it immediately. But no. Not the borg. 30 years from now GB 3.0 will say "but we never discouraged anyone from saving for retirement. We've always stressed the need to be vigilant and careful".

And you know what? All the 20 and 30 year olds will say "See? The organization has always told witnesses to save $ for the future and be careful. I just don't understand why all these old apostates fall away and then blame the loving organization that tried to help them plan for the future years ago."

By then there will probably be a Proclaimers book Vol 2 out.....and it will re-write the history of 1993 through 2030.....just like the real Proclaimers book did about the organization's true history from infancy til the 90's. And all the witnesses will eat up this "truthful" and "candid" information and wonder why there are so many bitter ex witnesses.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Greetings,

I always look forward to your posts, always relevant and true, I hate those governing body twats, as long as their in their Ivory towers just wait till the smurfs F**k them up, good riddance to them!!!!!

Best Regards,

Star Tiger

• Terry
    Terry

It is my contention that all human beings have a right to reality as it is.

Watchtower thinking is a distortion induced in perception. That distortion renders common sense impossible.

The practical Jehovah's Witness becomes an anti-body to rational thought. Into the neighborhoods they stream, knocking

on the door, smiling and telling everyone they meet THEY HAVE NO FUTURE.

Removing the actual future from view is Step One.

The ultimate goal is to get everybody very very busy preparing for the FUTURE WHICH WILL NEVER EXIST.

Mission accomplished.

What we don't prepare for, then, comes around and knocks us on our collective ass!

Thanks JW's, you've murdered our future.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

A touching story Terry.

We work to obtain or keep the things we value. As the bible says, where our treasure is there our heart will be. It all comes down to whether we live in the real world or an imaginary world that has been dreamt up. If that world is bible based it will provide a false hope but leave us out of touch with reality.

• jefferyjones
    jefferyjones

i didn't go to college either because of those dang JWs and their teachings!

dang it to heck, i spent my after-high school years working as a janitor too!!! oh the inhumanity! what am i going to do with myself????

oh wait, i know, i'll use all of that on-the-job training to start my own janitorial company, work part time hours and get paid the fulltime wages that these idiots are making that go to college that don't care about spiritual things.

been there done that. so what exactly is the "problem" that you're looking at?

don't blame others because you're lazy and don't take initiative. being a JW is the best way of life and you learn invaluable skills that help you throughout your worklife and personal life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit