Paradise Earth for JW's the same as Heaven for other Christian groups?

by punkofnice 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've often thought it weird how Jar Hoover was going to lovingly murder all non JW's SOON (terms and conditions apply and are subject to 'overlapping'). Then the good ones would live in paradise happy that their family, friends and loved ones all died because Jar Hoover would mess with their minds.

Recently I've been worshipping in a Church but the same scenario has posed itself in a different way. If good Christians go to heaven whilst family, friends and loved ones who don't believe go to hell...........what's the difference from believing that to believing the JW nonsense???????

HELP!!! Arrrrrrggghhh!

• sizemik
    sizemik

It's actually the same steaming pile of crap in disguise . . .

One pile has a sprig of parsley (or deep-fried if you don't like parsley)

The other pile comes with a free glass of wine (or deep-fried if you don't like wine)

• ambersun
    ambersun

I may be wrong but I always thought that Christians generally believed only really bad people went to hell. If they simply lack a faith in God but live an otherwise good life being helpful and kind to others, they would still qualify for a place in heaven. Also, I didn't think other religions (maybe there are few exceptions) believed that God would come and strike down everyone in one fell swoop who didn't share their particular belief system.

On the other hand, JWs believe anyone who is not an active JW will be destroyed horribly en masse at armageddon, including their inactive JW relatives and regardless of how nice, kind, self sacrificing and loving these inactive relatives are. Yet somehow, the active JWs who are saved by Jah will not care about the horrific death of their nearest and dearest when the time comes because Jah will take away all pain and suffering.

Those WT illustrations of JWs with glassy eyes and huge satisfied grins on their faces as they look towards a bright light representing the New System while behind them is the death and destruction of an entire world, including their own kith and kin who may be crying out to them for help, are really creepy!!!

Yes, believe me in my mind there IS a big difference.

• punkofnice
  • ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

When people have a lower degree of spirituality, they are what we call "earthbound". They are completely attached to the physical and can't imagine anything else being better. This describes JW's to a tee. Most of them wouldn't even want to be "anointed" because they are so completely invested in the idea of having a garden, pet lion, and a body that never grows old. It's a mindset that guarantees they will never make the "ascension" that will be taking place here on earth. We have an opportunity for a fifth dimension superior world free from suffering. JW's are completely ignoring of the fact that you can't tune in to AM radio while you're on UHF. This is the actual meaning of the "Mark of the Beast".... completely attached to being an animal, totally unaware of the higher self, and what's worse, absolutely no desire to find out about it. Why? Because it's demonic!

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

The org.'s mindset seems to only deal in certainties and definets. I now wish to worship by faith in wich I don't know exactly what will happen but I hope through my faith what ever the new heavens and earth bring it will be worth the wait. Its a new concept for me. Peace to all paulnotsual

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

Many Witnesses think their version is more merciful. At least Jehovah isn't sending bad people to hell for eternal torment, that sort of thing. It's just one shot to the head and bang, all over.

Gee, doesn't that sound merciful and nice?

When discussing these things with Witnesses, I tend to think more about stuff like, "If Jehovah can do anything, why can't he be bothered to teach the truth to worldly people during the last days instead of murdering them at Armageddon?" Usually, they'll say it just isn't possible or something like that.

Funny, if you ask a Witness about logical problems with earthly resurrection, like, "But how do we know it'll really be us who are resurrected and not just some copy with our memories?" You'll get an answer like: "Because Jehovah can do anything! That's why!"

Yet, when it's convenient, suddenly Jehovah can't do everything, even if it means saving billions of lives from Armageddon. How does that work?

Is their version of paradise versus hell really so much better after all?

• moshe
    moshe

God doesn't answer your personal prayers, but he still knows who's naughty and nice? Ooo-k, that doesn't make any sense does it?

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

I remember being told that we won't have any memory of the "old" system so we won't be sad that our JW buddies who led double-lives didn't make it to the paradise.

"You too, can help clean up the earth using primitive tools, and eat grapes the size of apples. Join today, and you'll be rewarded by working forever next to mindless idiots who build a kingdumb hall while birds eat bodies of dead people. In the meantime, you'll be assigned a number as to WHEN your house gets bulit (the current wait time is: 35 days. Side note: if we take a day and substitute a year as a day, then its 35 years which is more accurate). However bear in mind that a handful of "spiritual men" will conclude they THEY are chosen by God to oversee your work much like the current system of things. But just igore this fact since god doesn't exist anyway and somebody has to be in control. Hey, did we tell you about the grapes? Its going to be a never-ending quickbuild and your back won't hurt anymore." <insert JW fapping sound here>

I am GOD, hear me snore....

• Perry
    Perry

God sees unregenerate people as already dead in a sense because they are cut from the Source of Life, they are dead in Adam... as opposed to alive in Christ. The battle of armageddon is a military activity where Gods saves what is left of Israel from the anti-christ and the hundreds on millions in his forces that come against them. By then about two thirds of the earths population will be wiped out by the wars and the treachery of the anti-christ.

Instead of coming to kill all the "bad people" like the WT teaches, Jesus once again comes as savior of the world, but this time he comes in all his military and royal glory.

Zech. 14

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives ..... and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. (those previously raptured)

6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: 7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

..... and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles

There is a misery coming to this planet the likes of which has never been seen during the reign of the "man of lawlessness". Jesus will put a stop to the globalists plans of world domination and will bring life, goodness, fairness and blessing to men of goodwill. After the antichrist gets done with this planet, no one will want fallible man to run the show again.

Christ will bring healing to the nations, not death.

Heaven is the destination of church age and OT saints..... for a time. Earth is the future site of Christs' thousand-year reign. The WT gets all this befuddled up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit